ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Best Text Editor

evolvEd - General Purpose Text Editor

<< < (2/2)

annorax:
I'm an avid fan of EditPlus, but I'd love to give your software a try. I'll get back here after I do. :)

f0dder:
Ok, so a few days passed  :-[

My initial impression is that the editor is somewhat slow, which is probably caused by it being mutiple-instance rather than having tabs or MDI. (ie, when I open a new document, it takes that somewhat-less-than-half-a-second before it opens). Also, the line highlight bar doesn't update until you let go of your arrow keys, except if it's at the top or bottom of a document.

I find it a bit distracting that dialogs don't use the system default font, and the flashing messages on the status bar are distrcting too (ok, those can be disabled). You might want to provide an option to disable smooth scrolling for mousewheel.

I really like the color schemes though, and it does seem to have enough features for a lot of people - I'll stick with Notepad++ though, because it has tabs and it's easy to write plugins for it. But good work nonetheless :)

nontroppo:
Hi, just like to say evolvEd is a nice little editor! Here are some constructive wishes:

1) PCRE regex (what is NFA Traditional by the way, maybe it is compatible I didn't test it yet?).

2) MDI or at least tabs.

3) Line height changeable (critically important in readability, many studies done).

4) Regex in keywords - I want to highlight INI file sections which are ^\[.*\]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version