ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Plugin to help FARR beat DirectoryOpus

(1/2) > >>

dwilbank:
This may be too hefty to be considered a "snack". Maybe start up a donation commitment page to see if anyone else is interested too?

My two favorite programs are FARR and DirectoryOpus.
FARR is flawless when it comes to searches for single items.
Sadly, I must turn to DirectoryOpus when I have to deal with multiple search results. It creates a "collection" of the results which acts just like a virtual folder, and I can rename, process, batch select, or do anything to that group of files.

Other programs will create a list of links to the "found" files, but if I select several links and the corresponding files are not all on the same drive, my right-click actions will only process the files from the first drive.

The reason I don't use DOpus all the time, is that I am forced to type friggin asterisk wildcards and if if I type, for example, *green*house* instead of *house*green*, it refuses to find the file.

Maybe FARR already has a function to solve this problem that I don't know about? I've only watched 4 of the excellent videos so far.

mouser:
there are probably some good general purpose file searching tools that are best for this and more powerful than farr when wanting to manipulate multiple search results.

lanux128:
Sadly, I must turn to DirectoryOpus when I have to deal with multiple search results. It creates a "collection" of the results which acts just like a virtual folder, and I can rename, process, batch select, or do anything to that group of files.-dwilbank (September 17, 2009, 02:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

i'm not sure if this is the same as in DOpus but in Total Commander has a feature called "Feed to listbox", where the search results are sent to a new tab and one can work on it as if they reside in the same folder.

jdd:
I gave up on Dopus.  Too complex for me. 

UltraExplorer (free) is fast, multi-tabbed, and intuitively customizable.  http://www.mustangpeak.net/subdomains/ultraexplorer/index.html  It has a search function which I believe may meet your requirements, as best I can understand your requirements.

tomos:
The reason I don't use DOpus all the time, is that I am forced to type friggin asterisk wildcards and if if I type, for example, *green*house* instead of *house*green*, it refuses to find the file.
-dwilbank (September 17, 2009, 02:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

Have you reported that in the DOpus forum ?
it sounds like something that they would want to (and need to!) fix

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version