ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Special Clipboard

(1/3) > >>

Contro:
Special Clipboard

Acumulative clipboard

I would to know about depurative tools for texts. Perhaps an addon for word or a seperate tool.

I am looking for a special clipboard to sum the text passed to clipboard o allow to select discontinous zones of the text in the same operation to the clipboard.

Examples :

1. I have the text :

"this is my first text"

and then copy to clipboard

and this other text :

"My second text"

and also copy to clipboard

When I paste I obtain :

"This is my first text
My second text"

P.D. Perhaps an autohotkey script with Ditto ?

2. We usually select the text higlighting a copying to the clipboard.

If we have the text :

"This is my first text. Palabras no interesantes para copy. My second text"

Will be possible to select only the phrases :This is my first text  and My second text

and then paste where I need it.

Thanks
Excuse my language. I'm from Canary Islands

app103:
I would love to have a tool like this too (but not for Word).

I would also like to be able to have an option to insert a separator string, like so: " - "

So the end result when pasted would be

"This is my first text - My second text"

This might be a great feature to add to CHS, a hotkey to combine the last 2 (or more) copied strings together, with option to insert the separator string between them.

tide:
Clipmate will let you do that. You can turn on "Append Mode" and specify any separator character you want.

lanux128:
I am looking for a special clipboard to sum the text passed to clipboard o allow to select discontinous zones of the text in the same operation to the clipboard.-Contro (September 17, 2009, 02:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

item 1 is quite simple and can be done with ahk. check out the code snippet below in which you can append any selection into the clipboard. since i don't always want to append, the hotkey is set as win+c. normal copying is still control+c.

--- ---#c::
bak = %clipboard%
clipboard = ; Empty the clipboard
Send, ^c
ClipWait, 2
If ErrorLevel
{
    TrayTip,, The attempt to copy text onto the clipboard failed.,1
    SetTimer, RemoveTrayTip, 5000
    Return
}
clipboard = %bak%`r`n%clipboard%    ; insert a separator string here, if you wish
TrayTip, Insert key, Selection appended to clipboard., 1
SetTimer, RemoveTrayTip, 5000
Return

RemoveToolTip:
SetTimer, RemoveToolTip, Off
ToolTip
Sleep, 500
Return
however i'm not sure about the 2nd item.

mwang:
I am looking for a special clipboard to sum the text passed to clipboard o allow to select discontinous zones of the text in the same operation to the clipboard.
P.D. Perhaps an autohotkey script with Ditto ?-Contro (September 17, 2009, 02:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

If you're using Ditto already, wouldn't its multi-paste function suffice? (Select the entries from Ditto's popup menu and let Ditto paste all of them in sequence.)

I would also like to be able to have an option to insert a separator string, like so: " - "-app103 (September 17, 2009, 02:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

Exactly what I like the most about Ditto's multi-paste. Contro wants a newline ([Enter]) between the clips, and you prefer " - ". When I'm copying citation information from Amazon (author, title, publication date, etc.) to put into a footnote for an academic paper, however, I want a ", " between the items.

Contro, sorry I don't understand your 2nd request.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version