ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

WinX DVD Ripper Platium - free for the rest of Sept.

<< < (2/5) > >>

sajman99:
MilesAhead, thanks very much for this notice. This is supposedly a free lifetime license for a commercial software which I've heard good things about. And away I go to download...

Innuendo:
This is supposedly a free lifetime license for a commercial software which I've heard good things about. And away I go to download...-sajman99 (September 26, 2009, 02:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not exactly a lifetime license. According to the ghacks page:

"A quick chat with one of the representatives of the company revealed that minor updates will be available for free as well while major updates, e.g. a version bump to 6, would not be free but could be purchased for a small amount of money. Updates are not mandatory on the other hand which means that users can work with the version of the DVD ripper for as long as they like."

Still...not bad for free.

sajman99:
Mea culpa, Innuendo. You are 100% correct. I should have stated that this version of WinX DVD Ripper Platinum will work lifetime, but that's clearly distinct from a lifetime license. What can I say, I have my good days and my bad days. :-[

More significantly, I look forward to determining if their "high definition encoding engine" is marketing bull or legitimate terminology.

Innuendo:
Mea culpa, Innuendo. You are 100% correct. I should have stated that this version of WinX DVD Ripper Platinum will work lifetime, but that's clearly distinct from a lifetime license. What can I say, I have my good days and my bad days. :-[-sajman99 (September 26, 2009, 05:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

Everybody makes mistakes and this little nugget of info wasn't exactly prominently displayed on either page, either.

More significantly, I look forward to determining if their "high definition encoding engine" is marketing bull or legitimate terminology.
--- End quote ---

I hope you'll report back and let us know your findings. Quality aside, it looks like a very capable program in its abilities. I don't think there's a freeware equivalent anywhere.

MilesAhead:
I installed this on my 32 bit Windows7 PC(the AMD dual core) and tried a disc. So far I like it.  The movie was on a DVD9, 16x9 video with Japanese audio and English subs.  I put the disc in and the program selected the main movie and output as .avi with divx codec.  I made a few changes, bumped up the bitrate from 1500 to 1800, changed divx to xvid and checked the "high quality engine" box or whatever it was.  Changed the audio track from English to Japanese, audio output from mp3 to ac3, and hit the Start Button.

It ripped and converted on the fly at about 1.5x.  The resulting .avi had the english subs burned in.  The video looked very good and the lips were in sync with the audio.  If all discs come out like this I'll be very glad I got it.  Tomorrow I'll put it on the faster machine and see how it goes.

I could start getting lazy if I don't even have to load AutoGK anymore. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version