ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

new forum feature coded - ability to inline link attachments!

<< < (14/20) > >>

mouser:
wow i didn't notice digit2's request till now -- sorry :(
i didn't even think about adding it to recent.template.php..
but it would probably mean duplicating the post template code which i'm not to keen to do.. maybe there is a better way to do it.

MatthewSchenker:
Hello,
I just updated my forum, and was very upset to see that the Inline Attachment Modification is no longer on the SMF site.  I understand your problems with SMF, but I just think this is a terrific modification.  Actually, my forum absolutely needs this modification, and my members rely on it!!

Is the modification gone now?  If it's still available, where can I get it?

Thanks!

scancode:
Hello,
I just updated my forum, and was very upset to see that the Inline Attachment Modification is no longer on the SMF site.  I understand your problems with SMF, but I just think this is a terrific modification.  Actually, my forum absolutely needs this modification, and my members rely on it!!

Is the modification gone now?  If it's still available, where can I get it?

Thanks!
-MatthewSchenker (December 17, 2007, 08:42 AM)
--- End quote ---
i have now uploaded a new beta version of the inline attachment mod, with package installer here:
https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Other/SmfMods/InlineAttachments/beta/InlineAttachmentMod_FromDonationCoderDotCom.zip

please UNINSTALL the previous verison before installing this one.

--- ---        //---------------------------------------------------------------------------
        // "Inline Attachments" Mod for the Simple Machines Forum (SMF)
        //  by mouser, from https://www.donationcoder.com - funded by user donations
        //  version 1.04.02, 10/18/06
        //---------------------------------------------------------------------------
        //
        // Updated 07/08/06 - better use builtin thumbnails
        // Updated 10/18/06 - smarter text for unavailable attachments
        // Updated 10/18/06 -  [i]([url=https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=1996.msg41100#msg41100]see attachment in previous post[/url])[/i] now uses forum default format
        // Updated 10/18/06 - you can now skip the =# part and it will increment through attachments
        // Updated 10/18/06 - you can now use  [i]([url=https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=1996.msg41100#msg41100]see attachment in previous post[/url])[/i] to show url w/o download count and size
        // Updated 10/19/06 - Added mod of Post.template.php to include attachment inline dropdown menu

-mouser (October 19, 2006, 06:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

Will that help?

MatthewSchenker:
scancode,
Thanks for the link!  I don't know why I couldn't find this before.
This is a great modification -- one of the essential ones in my opinion.
Matt

ACE844:
Hello Everyone,

I am new to both this community and to coding in general. I just started to admin and learn about this stuff recently. I saw this mod, and it was exactly what we were looking for in our forum. I downloaded the app, and uploaded the .zip to my server via the SMF 1.1.4 admin panel, that went fine, but when I clikced on the automated install option I got the following error
Error in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.
--- End quote ---

Thanks,
ACE844

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version