topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 1:23 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: R.I.P. - Patrick Swayze - 57  (Read 3240 times)

Josh

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
R.I.P. - Patrick Swayze - 57
« on: September 14, 2009, 08:33 PM »
ddce3e9e-fbc2-4a51-a243-b641a49214e6.jpgR.I.P. - Patrick Swayze - 57

LOS ANGELES — Patrick Swayze, the hunky actor who danced his way into viewers' hearts with "Dirty Dancing" and then broke them with "Ghost," died Monday after a battle with pancreatic cancer. He was 57.

"Patrick Swayze passed away peacefully today with family at his side after facing the challenges of his illness for the last 20 months," said a statement released Monday evening by his publicist, Annett Wolf. No other details were given.

Fans of the actor were saddened to learn in March 2008 that Swayze was suffering from a particularly deadly form of cancer.

He had kept working despite the diagnosis, putting together a memoir with his wife and shooting "The Beast," an A&E drama series for which he had already made the pilot. It drew a respectable 1.3 million viewers when the 13 episodes ran in 2009, but A&E said it had reluctantly decided not to renew it for a second season.

Swayze said he opted not to use painkilling drugs while making "The Beast" because they would have taken the edge off his performance. He acknowledged that time might be running out given the grim nature of the disease.

When he first went public with the illness, some reports gave him only weeks to live, but his doctor said his situation was "considerably more optimistic" than that.

More At source

SKesselman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: R.I.P. - Patrick Swayze - 57
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 09:29 PM »
That's sad. I really liked him...another really good article is here...
Strange, pancreatic cancer seems to be hitting all kinds of people, lately.
-Sarah

redstarnyc

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: R.I.P. - Patrick Swayze - 57
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 06:34 PM »
We are the bouncers, and he is the cooler.
RedstarNYC