ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Do you touch-type or hunt-and-peck?

<< < (11/15) > >>

alivingspirit:
I just learned to touch type through the typingweb course. When coding though, I still revert back to the old hunt and peck system. It's just way faster to punch out code with one hand ready to peck at symbols and the other dedicated to the shift key.

MrCrispy:
We were never taught to type where I grew up. So I'm a hunt and peck typist, but years of programming have made me pretty quick :-)

Midnight Rambler:
Fortunately, the high school I attended way back in the early 1970's was good enough to offer a typing class.  Have never looked back since.

Interesting how some skills never become outdated.

hhdawrs:
Mavis Beacon changed my life back in 1987. :)

-40hz (September 14, 2009, 09:07 AM)
--- End quote ---
She tried with the original and newest releases to teach me.  I keep getting bored.

My 12 and 13 year grandchildren amaze me with their computer and typing skills.  But then I'm amazed that milk is no longer delivered in glass bottles with a cardboard cap in a horse-drawn wagon with the steel-rimmed wheels muffled to not wake me at 5 am.

I get by.

nmharleyrider:
It is definitely worth learning to touch type especially if one expects to do some technical work as a living.  Speed is money.  i bought a typing book, the type which was used to teach typing in high school and taught myself to do it in less than two weeks.  It was worth the effort especially when I am programming and don't want to be held back by my fingers when my mind is moving faster than they are.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version