ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Idea: Invert Volume

(1/3) > >>

abent professor:
Hi! Firstly, I wanted to come clean and admit that I registered to selfishly make a request. However, I realised at the same time I could wast time repeating what everyone is thinking - This software is a goldmine! I'm truly blown away by how ridiculously useful this collection of apps is. I am also baffled as to why Microsoft hasn't added anything remotely useful to their 'accessories' folder in over 10 years of new operating systems.

I have integrated a lot of them to work on startup and I use them constantly. My favourite is dimscreen - its essential. I work for myself and sometimes pull all-nighters (like now in fact - its 6:15am). From around the insane-o-clock time of 4am, my eyes become hyper-sensitive to light. But now, I just put dim on a ridiculously high setting and work in comfort until the sun comes up (I'm often in bed too, so it doesn't wake up whoever is next to me..)

I feel like I'm cheating someone! Next month I'm throwing some currency around.

Anyway, my idea/problem >

I have a rotary volume control wheel on the side of my laptop. I didn't install any drivers, but XP recognised it and so I have an extremely handy quick-access volume control. However, my problem is that the rotation of the wheel seems inverted to me. After a year of trying to accept clockwise rotation as attenuation (I did find and install correct drivers to replace the generic XP, but the result) is the same I've given up. I'm now really annoyed that my quick leaps to make an adjustment during an amplification emergency always results in a further deafening increase or missing some vital film plot dialogue.

Please could somebody whip up a volume knob invert app? Is this possible, or would it only work on a per-laptop basis? I don't know how buttons/wheels/sliders get direct access to the Master volume, but can something to be done to intecept and swap? Anyway, I've rambled on long enough, you get the idea..

Tthanks anyway.
Kind regards,
Tom

sri:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/volumouse.html

abent professor:
I'm on a laptop, and I don't use a mouse. If I did, that would be the first bit of software I expect Google would return!

Credit me with some research before saying 'make an app for it' !

Thanks for the quick reply though :)

mouser:
this might be kind of hard to do, and i'm not sure if it's worth it.. maybe the correct answer in this case is just "get used to it."  hell that's the correct answer for most problems i've found :)

skwire:
I should be able to do this one.  Would you please run the attached executable, rotate your volume knob both ways, and report back which VK codes it's using?  You may have to disable any sort of hotkey app that it uses to see the code properly.  Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version