ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Cyclic Redundancy Error on CD/DVD

<< < (2/6) > >>

skwire:
No more suggestions but I have two thoughts:

1) Data recovery takes time and, sometimes, a lot of it.  Days, even weeks, are not out of the question.
2) A lot of the time, data cannot be recovered....period.

patthecat:
It may not help with your immediate issue but maybe in the future look into these utilities in creating archives that has data recovery capabilities:

1. WinRar - can create .rar archives that has a adjustable recovery record size.  In case archive is corrupted, it can recreate that whole archive.
2. Parity archives - (parchive.sourceforge.net) Utilities such as QuickPar

f0dder:
Also, favor DVD+R to DVD-R media - it's better. And even when keeping the discs from humidity, sunlight, temperature fluctuations etc they aren't going to last forever. For important stuff, I wouldn't bet on more than 5 years before doing a refresh... and heck, I'd much rather store important stuff on external harddrives.

4wd:
I use IsoPuzzle for CD/DVD recovery - only works for data discs, so no good for video or audio.

Cyclic Redundancy Error on CD/DVD

That good thing I find with it is that you can try different drives, (because some drives are just better than others at reading discs), and just import any recovered blocks back into the main recovery ISO.

I h tried POWER CD/DVD RECOVERY, but that piece of Program is good for Scratched CD/DVD'S, it takes too long to retrieve the DATA: i simply exit the program.-hulkbuster (September 12, 2009, 11:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

Although if you're not willing to wait for a program to work.....is there really a point?

nosh:
The only thing that's worked for me, and worked surprisingly well at that, is polishing the disks with brasso. I've had a success rate of around 75%. Software can only do so much if your disk is truly effed up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version