ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Cyclic Redundancy Error on CD/DVD

(1/6) > >>

hulkbuster:
Hello Folks,
              once again, can anyone help me. U see i h' few too many mp3, doc, and txt files i h' collected over a period of Month. Past few Weeks i tried to copy the content of the CD/DVD to my D: but after few mins of Pasting job , an error would pop up saying , so n so files cannot be copied: " Cyclic Redundancy Error ". Only half the contect in CD/DVD would be copied.
   Can anyone suggest me some measure/methods/solution, for this issue. 
I h tried POWER CD/DVD RECOVERY, but that piece of Program is good for Scratched CD/DVD'S, it takes too long to retrieve the DATA: i simply exit the program.

Any suggestion would be Great:

Thank you:

skwire:
Unstoppable Copier comes to mind.

f0dder:
I h tried POWER CD/DVD RECOVERY, but that piece of Program is good for Scratched CD/DVD'S, it takes too long to retrieve the DATA: i simply exit the program.
-hulkbuster (September 12, 2009, 11:15 PM)
--- End quote ---
Try some patience?

Also, optical drives are subject to wear&tear like everything else - if your current drive is old, it might help getting a new one.

lanux128:
use this software called "CD Manipulator" to read the discs and make a backup image.

• http://www.softpedia.com/get/CD-DVD-Tools/Data-CD-DVD-Burning/CD-Manipulator.shtml

hulkbuster:
Also, optical drives are subject to wear&tear like everything else - if your current drive is old, it might help getting a new one.
--- End quote ---
use this software called "CD Manipulator" to read the discs and make a backup image.
--- End quote ---
Unstoppable Copier comes to mind.
--- End quote ---
Unstoppable Copier, doesn't work , againg it tends to hang.
actually i h' a DVD which contains all the doc,txt n mp3."CD Manipulator" seems to work only with CD'S.
 Any other DVD Reading Software.  :D
I h a Sony DVD/RW, its not that old , and i h' had no problem with it till date. Its actually the CD/DVD'S i use , i h a huge stack of DVD/S, since i dont carry it outside to work or give it to anyone else. i usually end up with buying DVD/S, just to save my HDD space, and the Quality would be compromised.
     Although some branded DVD'S havn't given me any problem till date , some as old as 7 years.
Cheaper ones tend to last only 1/2 years.

That aside any other suggestions:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version