ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Organize desktop icons and more...

(1/7) > >>

Contro:
Organize desktop icons and more...

I would like a program for organize the icons in the desktop and more.....

Simpler the best.

CleverCat:
I'm a big fan of not have any icons on my desktop - I use docks - but this is Free...

http://www.stardock.com/products/fences/

:)

J-Mac:
Unfortunately the 0.96 beta ended early - or so Stardock claims. It was supposed to be in force till November 1 but about a week or so ago it started throwing a popup stating the beta was over and you had to download and install the 0.99 beta. I personally think it was an intentional mistake. Why, you ask? Because the 0.99 beta version automatically installs Stardock's Impulse installer and auto-updating software. Impulse is a fairly heavy piece of software, runs all the time, is setup in your Startup config on Windows boxes, and it alerts you to their new games. Bah!

Jim

rgdot:
Fences @ 0.96 would give me random explorer errors and crashes, was looking forward to updated or post-beta versions but if they are bundling other stuff might have to pass.

Regarding organizing icons I still think a clean desktop is a better possibility by setting up periodic folder and file moves via AHK, powerpro or something like Belvedere, probably not what the OP is asking but an option

CleverCat:
I run Impulse as I have the whole Object Desktop package - I only fire it up when checking for updates! But you're correct - it does use resources which is why I upgraded to a Dual Core CPU...

Another option to tidy up is to put the icons in a folder and then in one click you have them or..........use the Quick Launch Bar? A Google search should bring up a plethora of programmes but on DC I find you can generally get good input from others experiences!

I find Object Dock much better than having Desktop Icons  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version