ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Free Windows Image Editor than can pull image from command line url?

(1/2) > >>

MilesAhead:
Anyone know a free Windows Image Editor(like Irfanview or Photofiltre) that can read the image from a URL on the command line?

What I'd like to be able to do, instead of copying the image itself to the clipboard, opening an image editor, then hitting paste.. is just pass the URL of the image on the web to the image editor and have it load it on startup like:

ImgEditor FakeWebSiteUrl/SomeImage.bmp

and ImgEditor would open with the image loaded.

app103:
I don't know of any desktop one that can do that but SUMO Paint can (pretty cool online image editor too)

You don't need an account. Just load it and use it, download your finished image when you are done. Account is only needed to store your images on their server.

Free Windows Image Editor than can pull image from command line url?

MilesAhead:
Thanks for the link.  What I did was use InetGet() function in Selector to download the image to a temp file. It works pretty well as long as it's a straight url like somedomain/image.jpg and not some javascript thing.  Plus InetGet by default tries to do the "download" from the browser cache.

Then I use the file type association to open the graphics file.  Also I made a glue app in AutoIt3 to do the same thing but it allows you to choose your graphics editor and saves the path to an .ini file. That way you can either use the default app or have another editor for special web whatevers.

Guess I'm just too lazy to mess with all those clipboard data types when I can kludge it.  :)

edit: btw from messing around trying to do this I found IrfanView has a /clippaste command line switch.  For opening simple screen captures I made another shortcut with the switch.  When I launch IrfanView it comes up with the image pasted already.  Just saves a couple of clicks.

tomos:
I don't know of any desktop one that can do that but SUMO Paint can (pretty cool online image editor too)
-app103 (September 13, 2009, 12:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

looks impressive

sri:
MilesAhead: This is probably not you what you want, and is perhaps a work-around.

You can use a macro type utility that would simulate launching your image editor, pressing ctrl+O, pasting the image URL in the clipboard and press enter.

For example, I have created a macro using Macro Express having the following code:

--- ---<LAUNCH PROGRAM AND ACTIVATE WINDOW Title="IrfanView" Exact_Match="FALSE" Wildcards="FALSE" Path="C:\\Program Files\\IrfanView\\i_view32.exe" Mode="\x00" Default_Path="TRUE" Wait="1" Wait_For_Program="12"/>
<TEXT TYPE Action="0" Text="o"/>
<TEXT TYPE Action="0" Text="<CONTROL>v"/>
<TEXT TYPE Action="0" Text="<ENTER>"/>

I kept this macro on my desktop and assigned it an alias "irfanview" in FARR.

So the workflow is the copy the image URL, bring up FARR, type "irfanview" and press enter. Irfanview then opens up the image.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version