ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Use AHK GUI to make translucent overlay over apps that are not skinnable

<< < (4/11) > >>

skwire:
You would do something like this:

--- ---x := 0
y := 0
w := 1280
h := 200
Gui, 1: Show, % "x" . x . "y" . y . "w" . w . "h" . h, Overlay
Or, you could do it like this:

--- ---Gui, 1: Show, x+0 y+0 w1280 h200, Overlay

Your second coloured box would be Gui, 2.  As for the buttons, you could do them all in Gui, 3.  You position them like this:

--- ---Gui, 3: Add, Button, xm+100 ym+100 w100 h25 vmyButton1 gonClick, Click 1
Gui, 3: Add, Button, xm+400 ym+600 w100 h25 vmyButton2 gonClick, Click 2
[...]
Does that clear things up?

dwilbank:
I think it will!

Just have to paste in my scripts to each of the buttons and see what happens.

Thanks so far!

(if I use the little donate button by your name, does that give you $$$ that you can use however you want, or is it restricted to just this site?)

skwire:
I think it will!
Just have to paste in my scripts to each of the buttons and see what happens.
Thanks so far!-dwilbank (September 12, 2009, 09:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

You're welcome.  I'm happy to help.  Let me know if you need anything further.

(if I use the little donate button by your name, does that give you $$$ that you can use however you want, or is it restricted to just this site?)-dwilbank (September 12, 2009, 09:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

The credit system on DC is very cool.  We can cash out our credits for cash.  (Actually, it all funnels back to mouser so he can buy more whips and chains to keep our noses to the grindstone with.  Bahahaha.   :P :P :P)

dwilbank:
Oops.
Turns out the safest bet is to have no overlayed boxes at all, and just one positionable, semi-transparent text overlay.

Problem is, I can't seem to separate the code for the text from the code for the boxes. When I try, I get no text...

Without the boxes, I'll also have to figure out how to space the buttons around using just XY coordinates.

Will plug away at it till I hear back.

Thx

skwire:
Turns out the safest bet is to have no overlayed boxes at all, and just one positionable, semi-transparent text overlay.
Problem is, I can't seem to separate the code for the text from the code for the boxes. When I try, I get no text...-dwilbank (September 14, 2009, 11:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

Code for which text?  The 'CAP#' stuff?  Are you able to take a screenshot and just draw what you want where on it for me (using Paint, etc.)?

Without the boxes, I'll also have to figure out how to space the buttons around using just XY coordinates.
-dwilbank (September 14, 2009, 11:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

If they're going to be all over your screen, you'd be better off putting each one in its own Gui, # block.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version