ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Use AHK GUI to make translucent overlay over apps that are not skinnable

<< < (2/11) > >>

skwire:
Would you mind providing a screenshot of your desktop so we have a better perspective?

dwilbank:
I'm away from work for the weekend, but the software interface is shown on page 9 of the manual here.
http://www.digital-rapids.com/downloads/docs/Stream3.1_Users_Guide.pdf
Just imagine that interface tiled four to six times on a widescreen monitor using TightVNC...

Most people use a raritan switcher to switch control and view to each machine one-at-a-time. My per-machine AHK GUI idea would also let them instantly know which machine they are using. Right now they have to switch away from the machine to see what the menu tells them, then switch back, before they are sure they are using the right machine.

Thx

skwire:
Here's something I came up with.  Caveat...the overlay does not move if you happen to move or resize the window it's overlaying.

dwilbank:
exactly!

and a non programmer like myself could change the dimensions of the box to fit our screens, or create another box, just by cutting and pasting code and changing x and y values?

skwire:
I currently have it set up with a hotkey so that it will do the following when fired:

1) Get the dimensions and position of the currently active window.
2) Create an overlay to match that window.  The "CAP" text position is modifiable in the code.
3) Create a second GUI for the buttons off to the upper right of the window.  The button position is, of course, modifiable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version