ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Use AHK GUI to make translucent overlay over apps that are not skinnable

(1/11) > >>

dwilbank:
Hi.
Not sure if this would be useful to anyone else, but I could really use a solution for individualizing my multiple VNC sessions at work. It's impossible to tell one remoted machine from another unless we squint at the frame of each VNC session. I have already made custom mouse cursors for each machine, but that only goes so far...

I would hope to have a different AHK script running on each machine, all of which have the identical gray video capture software interface. The script would allow the user to know in an instant which machine he/she was remoting, by tinting portions of each interface a slightly different color, and also placing a big "CAP6", "CAP7" or "CAP8" label in an unused part of the screen.

All these graphics would be "click-though", of course, so that the user wouldn't even know a script was running. He would just say, "Gee, this program looks different."

I know AHK GUI will do this, but I made a valiant try and discovered it would take months of study to understand just the instructions.

If I could get a pair of boxes created at about 30% transparency, with random color tints, and random text inserted in them I'm sure I could figure out how to modify the XY coordinates and the RGB values from there. If I could get two buttons that launched generic scripts, I could also figure out how to move the buttons (I hope) and create more to launch other scripts.

And I would have joy.

Thanks!

skwire:
Is simply renaming a titlebar out of the question?

dwilbank:
yeh
these screens are shrunk down much of the time - multiple remote sessions all fitting on my one screen

skwire:
I meant renaming the VNC window itself, not the remote capture windows.  Or, did I misunderstand you?

dwilbank:
Hmm
Sounds like I would still be looking at small text, and wouldn't have visible script buttons...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version