topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 10:55 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Help with music video/song/group ID?!  (Read 4756 times)

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Help with music video/song/group ID?!
« on: September 09, 2009, 06:06 PM »
i was just thinking about this rock video I saw a few years ago on MTV and i can't remember anything about who or what the artist/song was?!  It's driving me nuts.  All i remember was that the video starts with the band playing on a stage that has lots of blacks and whites everywhere.  The beat is very steady and driving...like donk--donk--donk--donk, quarter notes, but alternating low--high--low--high.  Then some cool visual effects were happening with the cables and stuff, I can't remember exactly, but something like the mic cable becoming like a liquid or something.  Man, I just don't remember.

It's a rock band of some sort, but the song has a very oldish, classic-rock feel to it.  it's from the mid 2000's, maybe 2006 or so.  It was a very popular video, maybe it won awards.  I want to say it's a band like the Killers, Strokes, White Stripes, something like that.  but I've been searching forever now and I can't find it.  if this rings a bell with anyone, please let me know.  Don't you hate it when this happens??

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Help with music video/song/group ID?!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 07:28 PM »
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 07:34 PM by 40hz »

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 10:11 PM »
40hz, no those are not it.  It's actually one of the modern bands like the ones I listed above.  I know Cheap Trick, they been around for decades.  No, it's something like the Killers or something.  They had a British invasion throwback look to them.  That checkered tile floor reminded me of what I was looking for, but I'm not sure about that either!  I know, I'm not helping...

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 10:21 PM »
Actually...
The song has a similar feel to "T.H.E.H.I.V.E.S." by The Hives.  In fact, the Hives look like they may the band.  But I have a feeling the song is older than that (this one is from 2007).  It may be from 2005 or something.  I think I'm getting closer.

http://www.youtube.c.../watch?v=BJBlS6Ip9hM

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 10:46 PM »
I found it!!

The song is "Take Me Out" by Franz Ferdinand.  I was way off.  Man, that was bothering me since 3pm.

http://www.youtube.c.../watch?v=gd0KIJPv5Q8