topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 7:00 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Life Coaching as a Scam  (Read 5049 times)

Paul Keith

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Life Coaching as a Scam
« on: September 11, 2009, 12:50 AM »
http://www.adaringad...-coaching-is-a-scam/

Unfortunately there is a dark and dirty secret about the whole Life Coach and self development industry and quite frankly I think it’s time I spilled the beans.

It’s a scam!

It’s full of people with flaws, people that make mistakes, have imperfect lives and worst of all, have multiple-personalities. In short, it’s populated by a bunch of nut jobs, and yes, I’m one of them.

I know that must come as a bit of a shock, but it’s important to be honest about this stuff, after all, this is The Discomfort Zone, not The Cute and Fluffy Zone.

If you spend a few minutes scanning peoples bios on Twitter you’ll be amazed at how many people love life and can’t wait to tell you about it. It almost seems like there’s a competition to see who loves life the most with the winner getting an additional 25 years on Planet Earth courtesy of the Universe.

I think it’s fair to say that most people love life and this is ably demonstrated when it comes under serious threat. Not many people when diagnosed with a terminal illness shrug their shoulders and say “That’s cool Doc, because I’m not really bothered about this whole life thing anyway. When can we get it over and done with?”

I love life too. Except that is, on the days when it’s a bit crap that is, and there are days like that.

Pretty cut and dry article. Most won't really consider this noteworthy but it's worth a topic at some point. (to serve as a "golden rule" reminder)

The only real issue I have is that I have a topic where some of this theme was addressed so how can I in good conscience share this without also posting my "still considered long" one? (That said, the two articles don't really have much similarity outside of this theme.)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 12:52 AM by Paul Keith »