ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Half-Life 10 Year Anniversary Sale: $1 (Ends Friday Nov. 21)

<< < (5/5)

lanux128:
actually the G-Man transports Freeman, that's why he appears in a dream-like sequence. this is of course regardless of your choice at the end of HL1.

for the immersion purpose, one can say that Freeman decides to work with the G-Man or he is saved by the G-Man from the aliens and be coerced into working for him.

more info: http://www.halflife2.net/wiki/index.php/Half-Life

Deozaan:
In related news, there's a group of people making a Half-Life remake called Black Mesa, which is a total conversion mod to the Source Engine.

Having just played through the entirety of Half-Life in the past two weeks I just have to say that the video looks awesome!

For more information and the video, check out the Joystiq article I found this information from:

Fan-made Black Mesa trailer reinvents original Half-Life

f0dder:
Wow, that seems extremely ambitious - I hope they manage to complete it, and that Valve doesn't shut them down. Even if they've done all new models, textures and maps, it's still very based on the original HL1.

Deozaan:
Wow, that seems extremely ambitious - I hope they manage to complete it, and that Valve doesn't shut them down. Even if they've done all new models, textures and maps, it's still very based on the original HL1.
-f0dder (December 02, 2008, 12:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

The article hints that Valve may hire the team. Whether or not that's true, Valve is aware of it and seems to have given the go-ahead, as they already had them rename it from Black Mesa: Source to just Black Mesa so that it didn't look like an official Valve project.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version