ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Graphic Design question: Services and prices?

<< < (7/10) > >>

superboyac:
Here's my initial attempt at a 3d sword design in Autocad.  I realized after this that Autocad is not the greatest application for this sort of thing.  It's slow and has a klunky rendering process.  But, I am an expert at it so I was able to get it done quickly.  But I want to eventually try the same thing in 3ds max and see how it turns out.  i want it looking much better with respect to rendering.  I want a shiny blade and some cool textures, etc.  And more photo-realistic of course.

superboyac:
Well, color me impressed by plain ol vanilla Autocad.  I did this rendering in Autocad after messing around with lights and materials for a good four days.  But I gotta say, it looks pretty sweet.  I still feel like Autocad is too sluggish with the 3d stuff, but this is a pretty fine rendering:
Graphic Design question:  Services and prices?

urlwolf:
@superboyac: looks like you are having a lot of fun, learning a lot by yourself, and getting places. Congrats on being so productive.
@40hz: your help is going to become a legend on this forum. It knows no boundaries. One day, you are going to start giving investing advice that actually works, and noone will be surprised, coming from you :)

Curt:
or you could ask a couple of friends to act models, and take their pictures, for each 'scene', and click a software program's button. End of story-animation. Ehh... you do have a camera and some friends?   8)

mouser:
Why stop at making your own drawings based on your own 3d models.. why not press your own paper from pulp and hand illustrate each copy of each book printed, using a quill pen.

that's just my way of saying that it seems like you are going down a path that is going to drastically effect how long it's going to take you to finish the book; if that's ok with you then it sounds like it's going to be a real labor of love.  just make sure it's a tradeoff you are willing to make.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version