Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site December 20, 2014, 02:54:24 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Check out and download the GOE 2007 Freeware Challenge productivity tools.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: IDEA: Toggle Switch with a Global Hotkey to change Power schemes?  (Read 19031 times)
briandr67
Supporting Member

A Software Junky

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2009, 06:10:19 AM »

SKwire, I just downloaded the v1.0.4 version and I have the same problem. I am running Vista Business SP2 on a Compaq V6306 laptop
skwire
Global Moderator

Another Coding Snack request? Om nom nom...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2009, 06:35:03 AM »

Please post the output of the following command:  powercfg /list

briandr67
Supporting Member

A Software Junky

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2009, 07:16:15 AM »

skwire, I would love to but the window only stays open for a few milliseconds and I can't find an output file anywhere. Brian
briandr67
Supporting Member

A Software Junky

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2009, 07:20:27 AM »

skwire, just thought about it, does this help? Brian
lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2009, 07:22:22 AM »

skwire, I would love to but the window only stays open for a few milliseconds and I can't find an output file anywhere. Brian

or you can run the command like this (see pic), then copy the result.

skwire
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2009, 07:42:55 AM »

Click Start, Run, type: cmd (and click OK).  A command prompt will pop up.  Please run the command in there and paste the output here.  Thanks.

briandr67
Supporting Member

A Software Junky

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2009, 07:45:47 AM »

Thanx skwire. Here's the output. Brian
skwire
Global Moderator

« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2009, 07:57:39 AM »

Hmmmm...that seems to be the same as the Vista VM i test on (not that I expected any different).  Two things, please:

1) Do the entries in the PST's drop-downs correspond to the GUIDs you see in that output?
2) Please run the following from the Run box:  powercfg /list > c:\output.txt

Attach the output.txt file to your post.  Thanks.

briandr67
Supporting Member

A Software Junky

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2009, 08:06:36 AM »

skwire, I keep getting the message "Access Is Denied". Brian
skwire
Global Moderator

« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2009, 08:10:47 AM »

You're getting that message where and when?

briandr67
Supporting Member

A Software Junky

« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2009, 08:17:35 AM »

skwire, when I try it from the run box I had the command window pop up for about 3ms. and no file was output, so I ran it in a command window and that's the message I recieved.
lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2009, 08:21:40 AM »

if you're on Vista, run the command in a console window like this: powercfg /list | clip. this way, the output will be saved onto your clipboard.

skwire
Global Moderator

« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2009, 08:24:36 AM »

skwire, when I try it from the run box I had the command window pop up for about 3ms. and no file was output, so I ran it in a command window and that's the message I recieved.

Are you running with administrator rights?  I don't have much experience with Vista and the whole UAC thing...

briandr67
Supporting Member

A Software Junky

« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2009, 08:33:24 AM »

skwire, yes it is an admin account, but under Vista it is still a limited rights account. Anything that needs admin rights you have to right click Run As Administrator or set it up permenantly by checking a checkbox in the apps. properties dialogue page. The Run box can't be elevated for some reason. Tried powercfg /list | clip and no go. Brian
briandr67
Supporting Member

A Software Junky

« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2009, 08:37:21 AM »

I tried it in a command window and it worked. Here is the output.
Existing Power Schemes (* Active)
-----------------------------------
Power Scheme GUID: 381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e  (Balanced)
Power Scheme GUID: 8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c  (High performance)
Power Scheme GUID: a1841308-3541-4fab-bc81-f71556f20b4a  (Power saver)
Power Scheme GUID: b025c261-9aa8-4255-8c88-ecd28797789b  (Defragmant)
Power Scheme GUID: b9b971cb-db7d-48c9-8013-60b526fcee00  (Maddy) *
Power Scheme GUID: c1bc06b5-1812-42bb-ae93-f6fa32661e3f  (HP Recommended)
skwire
Global Moderator

« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2009, 08:39:11 AM »

Do you have PST installed under your Program Files directory?  If so, move it out of there and try it somewhere else e.g. c:\apps\pst (or something). 

@Lanux: Are you running Vista?  Does PST work for you?  It works for Paarkhi (he's running Vista) and it works for me under a Vista VM.

briandr67
Supporting Member

A Software Junky

« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2009, 08:48:39 AM »

Installed it in Program Files and it works. I was using it from my C:\Users\Briandr67\Downloads\DC Program Setups folder. Bloody temperimental Vista. Thanx skwire, Brian
skwire
Global Moderator

« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2009, 08:58:31 AM »

Phew.   smiley  I was testing everything I could think of in my VM.  However, this is no reason it shouldn't have worked from your original directory (unless it's some Vista-specific crap).  I even made the exact same folder path you were trying and it worked fine.  Odd.  At any rate, I'm glad you got it working.   Thmbsup
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 09:02:40 AM by skwire » Logged

briandr67
Supporting Member

A Software Junky

« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2009, 09:10:36 AM »

So am I Jody. Thanks for all your help and your patience. Brian

Thmbsup Thmbsup DC ROCKS  Thmbsup Thmbsup
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.034s | Server load: 0.27 ]