ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

sticking two routers together?

<< < (4/4)

Hellie:
Tried that too Carol hopless ended up someone who could speak English on a supposed UK freephone number. I am deadly serious. Thats why I posted here. I still connected by Wires but at least its working, the Linksys Modem and Router. I think the problems with the Notebook Adapter. When I find a bit more time to play with it, I will give you email. I don't understand the WPA security etc at the moment its an unsecure connection.  I spent days playing around with over xmas as you know. 

Tried reading the instructions too,  not much help actually.

Speak to you soon. Thanks ever so much.

Helen

Innuendo:
Hellie,
There's an extremely active Linksys forum over on www.dslreports.com with lots of helpful & knowledgeable people. Every once in a while you'll even see beta versions of firmware that fix problems that are not available to the general public, too.

Hellie:
Thanks very much for this I will take a look.

Helen

Carol Haynes:
Tried that too Carol hopless ended up someone who could speak English on a supposed UK freephone number. I am deadly serious. Thats why I posted here. I still connected by Wires but at least its working, the Linksys Modem and Router. I think the problems with the Notebook Adapter. When I find a bit more time to play with it, I will give you email. I don't understand the WPA security etc at the moment its an unsecure connection.  I spent days playing around with over xmas as you know. 

Tried reading the instructions too,  not much help actually.

Speak to you soon. Thanks ever so much.

Helen
-Hellie (January 08, 2006, 11:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

If you are connected by wire only it can't be an insecure connection. It is only potentially insecure by WiFi.

f0dder:
WPA/WPA-PSK are encryption/auth methods used for wireless connections :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version