ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

FARR alt tab 2.0 beta

(1/3) > >>

skajfes:
I've made some modifications to the FarrAltTab plugin (with permission from Vitalyb) to prevent opening multiple instances of an application. For example - if you already have Firefox open and you try to run Firefox from FARR, it will switch to an already open instance of Firefox instead of opening another instance.

Plugin idea and known bugs are discussed here.

This is still a beta because I currently have no time to implement options for the plugin but I still want to share it with you and maybe get some feedback about bugs and desired options and features.

Installation:
Go to c:\farr-install-dir\plugins\
backup FarrAltTab folder
extract the contents of the zip to that folder.
restart farr.
enjoy

alias:
Awesome!  Thanks, skajfes!

alias:
Just fyi - I've been using the beta for the past few days, with no problems whatsoever.  Do you want future discussion in this thread, or the original one?

skajfes:
Cool, I am glad that it's working. I think that it's maybe better to keep any future discussion in this thread.

alias:
I'm really enjoying the instant switchover to an open window.  There is one thing that I'd like to mention, by way of ease of use, and this involves integration of Plugins more so than the FaRRAltTab plugin per se', I guess.  I have a hotkey of Alt-Space for FARR and Ctrl-Space for FaRRAltTab.  Sometimes, I hit one when I meant the other, and I don't think it's because I can't remember which is which:  The thing is, in my mind, at least, I associate FARR as being the one go-to place to change modes/do something different.  I don't really care if it's run a new program or switch to one that's already open.  The reason I switched to FARR from a combination of AHK scripts, SlickRun, Launchy, Switcher, etc. is that I really think it can be the "one ring that binds them all" - and, with plugins, it definitely can be.

But somehow I see this function as something that would ideally fit within the heuristics scoring of FARR.  It already searches aliases, the file system, plugins, etc. - why not running apps/open windows?  If you don't like it, turn it off or set the score really low; if you love it, set the score high.  I'm only speaking idealistically here, of course, not from a program complexity standpoint...

Is it possible for a plugin to add to FARR's internal search path?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version