ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: SuperDuperRoboPrinter

<< < (3/12) > >>

testingman1:
Yip yip hurray.  Yip Yip Hooray!  First thanks to the moderator for cleaning up my double post about the Printerator.  Next I am super excited to see that this might help others.  I can hardly wait now.  Hi Awopbambo!  Using the Task Scheduler is still great, its just that my wild imagination has options that seem much easier to access than even the task scheduler but if that would be too hard... then we can leave that alone for now...  Really... its not a problem...  :( ... really... jk  :D  But I'll just yapp about it anyway... if that's fine...  

I was thinking that maybe we could have few drop down boxes that have options for a delay for the SuperduperRoboPrinter (just Printerator for short).  These drop down boxes would say something like Print in 5,10,15,30,45,or sixty minutes.  Another drop down box would have the option to print in hours, and a last drop down would have options to print in days.  I think weeks is a bit outlandish... but what the heck... how about a drop down box to choose to print the files weeks later just in case the printer is in a bad mood.  

Okay... now that the imagining is done the imagining is almost done... is it hard to add the ability to include commandline switches so that this SuperduperRoboPrinter can be fed different folders and added to .... wait for it.... A batch script!  Oh... now that would be sheer bliss!

...am I making the SuperDuperRoboPrinter an impossible creature now?  There is one more thing I wonder how hard it is to do.... Can the SuperDuperRoboPrinter have an option for the user to simply Type when they want the files to print and would that be easier than the drop down box?  For example... Could the user just type.. Monday 4:00 pm and have the files print exactly at that time?  Now I know I'm dreaming...

Alright... please ignore any ideas I have added that would make this Printerator too difficult to fly.  At the very root of all this gibberish, I just want to see how easy it is to make a tool that can watch a folder on a schedule and print all of the common file formats in that folder.  I love tomo's idea of being able to print the subfolder stuff as well but it seems that might be more difficult... sort of like my daydreams above... whether that schedule is made with the Task Manager or not is not absolutely important.  Nice but not urgent....

awopbamboo:
Whoooaaaa....

Ok, lets go back to the start!  All the stuff you have mentioned above is possible, lets just take it slow!

Ok, attached is a 'first attempt'.  It seems to work file and I have happliy printed word docs, excel spreadsheets, jpgs etc... So, it seems to work at least.

Give i a go, comment and we'll go from there.

File attached with instructions.

J.

testingman1:
Oh my... am I dreaming?  I totally didn't expect such a rapid response... Thanks for taking up this project awopbambo!  The thing actually works!  I tested out the SuperDuperRoboPrinter Version 1 and I have a few observations to share.  I put a few images in my Print folder and I browsed to the folder and then I selected my printer and hit the magic "check now" button and then I heard the chirping in the background.  chiiiirp  hummmm  chirppp hummm...  :) The pictures spit out with really nice quality and looked good.

Is it easy to add the following?

A toggle button that can turn full page printing on and off.  When its on it will bypass the irksome printer dialog window that pops up asking which layout I want for the picture... 1 on a page,  4 on a page, etc....

Can the program start in a normal window instead of minimized and what is the error message about that says.. "The operation has completed successfully?"  

By the way.. just in case anyone cares to know... This SuperDuperRoboPrinter even handled a .PSD file without a hiccup!  When will I ever be able to accomplish these kinds of scripting feats...  :-\

awopbamboo:
Morning,

With the printer dialog page, that'll be the app thats actually doing the printing thats asing that... So, I'll have to look into if it can be by passed...

It only starts minimised if you run with the /check parameter doesn't it?  I did that so the screen wouldn't annoy you if you had it in a batch file. I'll add a command line parameter to run minimised, but default it so that it is not.

The message "The operation has completed successfully?"  is (I think) where the settings are being written to the registry for the first time.  Has it only given you this message once? i.e. the first time you ran it? Should be easy enough to sort.

I'll look at the other options you mentioned later on too.

Cheers

J.

testingman1:
Hi awopbambo!  No it runs minimized in the normal execution of the proggy.  With the /CHECK parameter, it started minimized but it failed to run...

The error message that says "The operation has completed successfully?" pops up every time its run even without the /check parameter.  I have tried /CHECK and /check.  I don't know if it matters but I tried both just to be safe.  I also tried /? just to see if it would tell me what to do but I guess that's not really important...

By the way if the toggle button for the printer dialog is too much of a headache, maybe bypassing it altogether would work fine...

I have no idea how you are building your program... but I use nircmd on all of my computers for batch scripting so I thought maybe it's ability to send keys might help here... Maybe it (or something like it--I heard AutoIt can do similar things but I was too scared when I looked at the program.  :-[) could press enter when the print dialog appears so that the printer's default choice would be picked.  --please remember that I am not a code muncher so I have very little idea of what I am talking about... I'm just yapping again...  :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version