ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: SuperDuperRoboPrinter

<< < (6/12) > >>

awopbamboo:
I don't use Vista, (don't even like using Windows.....), but are you saying that the imageviewer is having issues printing through Vista?  Let me know and I'll take a look (I'm sure I can find a friend or family member that uses Vista....)

Let me know....

testingman1:
Hi awopbamboo.  Thank you for this cool proggy!  I can't believe more folks aren't interested in this SuperDuperRoboPrinter proggy yet... or maybe they just aren't saying anything yet.  Oh well... I think its pretty neat!   :Thmbsup:  I was having some trouble spitting out PSD files in Vista but that's really not necessary.  The files can just be converted to PNGs anyway.  I have a question now... Is making a proggy like this in my future if I keep up with batch scripting or do I really need to move on to vbs scripting or some other language?

mouser:
Great program.

Couple of suggestions:
1. make simple readme file with your apps and put it in a zip with the app, with any links for more help that you want to provide
2. make about box in your apps

link to anything you want -- the thread on the forum or to your web page, whatever you want, just something so people know where to find more info if they stumble across the program somehow.

mouser:
What does it do after printing? delete the file or remember it so it wont print again?
Suggestion: an option that moves it to a subdirectory called "Printed" which it never scans.

awopbamboo:
I have a question now... Is making a proggy like this in my future if I keep up with batch scripting or do I really need to move on to vbs scripting or some other language?
-testingman1 (September 11, 2009, 12:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, not sure what you are using for your batch scripting?  I used Delphi to write this, I believe you can download a free version off of Borlands website.

Also though, I mainly use Lazarus with the FPC (freepascal) compiler.  Its great and its free.  The only reason I didn't use Freepascal for this was because I seem to have a problem getting the list of printers with it.  That would have been me at fault NOT Lazarus!

Spend a bit of time learning something like this, I find them easy to learn.  If I do, then so will everyone else!

Great program.

Couple of suggestions:
1. make simple readme file with your apps and put it in a zip with the app, with any links for more help that you want to provide
2. make about box in your apps

link to anything you want -- the thread on the forum or to your web page, whatever you want, just something so people know where to find more info if they stumble across the program somehow.
-mouser (September 11, 2009, 12:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Good ideas.  I'll add them this weekend.

What does it do after printing? delete the file or remember it so it wont print again?
Suggestion: an option that moves it to a subdirectory called "Printed" which it never scans.
-mouser (September 11, 2009, 12:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

There is a checkbox/tickbox that says 'Shred files'.  If you click this the files will be deleted.  Although I like the idea of moving them instead.  perhaps I'll add that.

J.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version