topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 5:17 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Help wanted for front end to MS Access DB  (Read 3770 times)

justinspired

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Help wanted for front end to MS Access DB
« on: September 05, 2009, 08:53 AM »
I have all my customers contact details in a Microsoft Access database and all job information in another Access database. The two databases each have a common field which is the unique customer ID and this connects each customer with his associated jobs.

There is an executable created in VB that serves as the front end to the program. (See attached screenshot)

To make a long story short, the source file that was used in VB to create this is not available.

I would like to recreate it, making minor changes to the way it looks and works but I have never used VB and wouldn't know where to start.

I would be glad to pay someone to get me started as long as I can afford it and I can also have the source file to make any future changes to.

If I can find such a person, I would probably be able to find them additional work of a similar nature as I have quite a few clients who need stuff like this done and can't find anyone reliable to help.

I won't go into depth here about what needs changing. If anyone is able to help or can suggest where I can go for reliable help I would really appreciate it.

I'm prepared to zip up a copy of the databases and exe file (emptying them of any real data first of course) and sending them to whomever is interested to have a look at.

Thanks

Julian

borgus

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Help wanted for front end to MS Access DB
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 06:02 PM »
Have you tried to combine the two databases using 2 different tables in one database?  It is possible to create a relationship between the 2 tables so that one extracts information from the other via a drop down list that utilises a one to many relationship.

jeremejazz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • hey!
    • View Profile
    • Personal Website
    • Donate to Member
Re: Help wanted for front end to MS Access DB
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 09:44 AM »
Hey, could you share me a copy of the database and VB exe file.. are you using visual basic .NET . . ?

we're studying database connections using Visual Basic and MS Access...

Maybe I could ask my team to revise it...

this is quite a startling