ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Merge .txt files but with the copy/paste method

<< < (2/5) > >>

jgpaiva:
skwire: Yes, the problem is that the files are not all in the same format, from what I understand.

He'd require changing tabs to spaces, and setting all files on the same encoding (I'd suggest utf-8)

skwire:
Understood, and yes, I agree about the files he provided; they are inconsistent.  However, if all he wants to do is join one file to the next, he can simply do  something like this on the commandline:

copy file1.txt + file2.txt + file3.txt newfile.txt

jgpaiva:
Hey, that's a cool trick, thanks skywire :D

Ampa:
You make want to try CSVed for handling files of this type.

Update:Just tried CSVed and it doesn't like the files (guess I should learn more about CSV files!)

However Excel will do the job very nicely - it imports text files and gives numerous options for delimiting columns.

alogoc:
Hey there,thanks for answering,i want to make them one,to count how many 1.000 there are (quantity) though in some files there are 2,3,5 etc.In a few words i want to make an assortment.

The idea was to import them in excel and simply make a sum...but luck had other plans for me :(
I made them one but the cells don't fit right...i don't know how else to do this...i am really confused

And it's 600 files...my computer is going to crash if i open them all.And then i'll have to make them all in one excel...damn i'm in such a mess

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version