ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Merge .txt files but with the copy/paste method

(1/5) > >>

alogoc:
Hello,i used several programs to merge .txt files.
The final .txt have many problems,for example language is messed up (Greek),or the text doesn't go where it has to be.Generally is messed up....

Is the a way to be done with the copy/paste method?Like a macro or something?I am very confused...

Here are some examples of the text that need to merged

If anyone can help,please....

jgpaiva:
From what I understand, there's a problem with those files: they don't keep the same space between columns.
Two of them use 7 spaces, while the other one uses a tab.
That's probably why the formating gets messed up.

I recommend you first replace every tab with a space (any text editor with search+replace should do this pretty easily), and then try to merge them. That should get you better results.
As for the language.. Maybe each txt has its own encoding. If they do, good editors (I use vim, but if you're not used to it, don't bother with learning :P), should be able to save all of the files in utf-8, which would solve that problem too.

alogoc:
Damn...that's too much time consuming.Is there an "easy way" to do this?It's like 600 files...

jgpaiva:
To be honest, I can't make a program to do it for you.
Maybe Drag and Drop Robot could help.
In linux, I'd use SED to replace the tabs with spaces. I don't know of any similar tool in windows, though :(

skwire:
Is all that you would like to do is concatenate one file to the next?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version