Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site August 02, 2014, 03:41:43 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the full one-year retrospective report on DonationCoder.com.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: separate user profiles  (Read 4794 times)
michaewlewis
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: September 04, 2009, 03:52:16 PM »

I love the concept of GridMove, seems to work good and I have a suggestion that would pretty much guarantee I would use it permanently.
There needs to be a way to tie it to different profiles. I use terminal services at work and some users have one screen, some have two or three screens. Each of the users should be able to change the settings in gridmove to their own preference. But the way it is now, if one user changes settings, everyone else gets hosed.
I think the ini file should just be moved from the program files directory into each user's application settings directory and it would take care of it.
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 04:26:57 PM »

Oh! Good point, I hadn't thought about that.

I think it's a good idea, and I'll try to add it as soon as I have some free time. To be honest, it may not be soon as I'm now on the final 2 months of my MsC smiley

michaewlewis
Participant

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 04:36:34 PM »

I look forward to the update and you can look forward to a nice little donation when it is ready. smiley
michaewlewis
Participant

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 03:51:30 PM »

How's school going? Still looking forward to an update with profile compatibility. smiley
(And still willing to give a good size donation)
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 01:41:18 PM »

I finally got around to updating GridMove and added you request, please see more here

michaewlewis
Participant

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 10:35:39 AM »

Sweet. Thanks for doing that. smiley
I check it out and work on getting that donation approved.
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 06:33:06 PM »

Just uploaded a new version which fixes some issues with this feature, it should be working now.

michaewlewis
Participant

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 05:40:16 PM »

Just downloaded the new update (1.19.62) and it seems to be working fine with the multiple profiles. I've been swamped at work the last few weeks and am sorry I haven't gotten to that donation yet. I will try to have it to you by next week.

Also, a note about the gridmove.exe.ini path, on Vista and Server 2008, the path is "C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\DonationCoder\GridMove\", or "%AppData%\DomationCoder\GridMove\".
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 04:36:28 AM »

Just downloaded the new update (1.19.62) and it seems to be working fine with the multiple profiles.
Cool smiley

Also, a note about the gridmove.exe.ini path, on Vista and Server 2008, the path is "C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\DonationCoder\GridMove\", or "%AppData%\DomationCoder\GridMove\".
Yep, that was the intended behavior. Please also be aware that from what I was able to find, GridMove needs administrative privileges in windows 7 (and probably Vista too) to be able to move some windows.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 10:13:07 AM by jgpaiva » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.032s | Server load: 0.21 ]