ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

ClipMate at $19.95 on BitsduJour today - Sept. 4

<< < (2/4) > >>

tranglos:
Does Ditto use the JET database engine? 
-rjbull (September 04, 2009, 04:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

No, it uses SQLite, lightweight and fast. I've never encountered a problem with the db. There are free and commercial apps to browse SQLite databases in case it's ever necessary, for example SQLiteSpy.

Curt:
I think history proves it extremely difficult for code authors to understand how my clipboard should work! More than 90 percent of all my clips are "copy and paste and forever forget", in order to rename picture and audio files. I really don't care if a clipboard is able to save this and 499 other clips, for aeons.

But of course, history also proves that I really don't have the brains or take the time to learn how use the various clipboards that I already own licenses for.... Why can't these authors just write it the way I want it, the first time, so I don't have to purchase yet another clipboard?

Thanks for telling about Ditto, at least that one is free!  :up:

-
Sorry, I just needed to get something off my chest.  ;D

rjbull:
@tranglos:
Thanks.  I found Ditto won't run on my Win98SE laptop, missing DLL.  Yet another reason to face setting up the Vista one  :(

@Curt:
You forgot ArsClip, CHS, CLCL, ClipCache and MiniCLIP :)
Most of the clipboard enhancers have a feature to automatically delete messages by number and/or by age.  You only have to set that up once.  Some can be set to ignore clips coming from certain programs, which is great for ignoring clips from e.g. password keepers.

Darwin:
@Curt:
-rjbull (September 06, 2009, 10:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

ClipCache is right there in the screenshot  :P

Curt:
@Curt:
-rjbull (September 06, 2009, 10:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

I did test ArsClip some years ago, but of course skipped it again because of the lack of genuine Unicode support. Now I see that joejoe the jackass finally implemented Unicode, so I might try it again. Thanks for reminding me!

I am not too sure about the other names, besides ClipCache of course - CLCL has not even been updated for Vista.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version