ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Unfinished Requests

IDEA: HTTP to FTP downloader

<< < (2/3) > >>

emm:
Very late reply but... do you mean a program that will fetch files from an http to your webspace without going through your pc (and bandwidth) first?  Because my brother made me one of those.

mouser:
emm, yes that's exactly the idea.

kmarius:

I need this kind of client to d/l some big temporary files to my remote hosting, cause i don't have broadband and shell access to host

-alien
--- End quote ---

When you say "remote hosting", you are talking about a standard web host?

Perhaps it could be solved completely on the web server side. You could just have a script on the web server that downloads a file from the web and saves it directly on the server.

mouser:
Perhaps it could be solved completely on the web server side. You could just have a script on the web server that downloads a file from the web and saves it directly on the server.
--- End quote ---

exactly, the idea is a combination of a script on the server, listening for instructions, and a browser plugin maybe, that would let you right click on a link and instruct your server script to download the chosen file.

allen:
The problem is, without any sort of shell access, how do you get the server to perform the operation in the background?  Most server side scripting configurations are set to automatically time out after only a few minutes execution time -- and snagging big files would almost certainly time out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version