ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Unfinished Requests

IDEA: HTTP to FTP downloader

(1/3) > >>

alien:
I mean something like FXP client, but intended for file transfer from web to FTP server (AFAIK it'll have to emulate FTP server requests). GUI not really matters =)
Thanks in advance! 

mouser:
this sounds a bit involved for a snack.
one could use some components to make pretty quickly a program that downloaded a specific single file from a web site and then ftp'd it to an ftp account, when launched..  but im not sure if that would be useful.  maybe you could tell us a bit more about how you would want to use it, and more details..

alien:
one could use some components to make pretty quickly a program that downloaded a specific single file from a web site and then ftp'd it to an ftp account, when launched.. but im not sure if that would be useful. maybe you could tell us a bit more about how you would want to use it, and more details..-mouser (May 01, 2005, 07:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

No, that sort of thing i could script myself...
I need some kind of *request proxy* that will download files directly to specified ftp server
it will have to send a GET HTTP request and emulate FTP server requests to download files to server
I need this kind of client to d/l some big temporary files to my remote hosting, cause i don't have broadband and shell access to host

mouser:
sounds interesting and if you find something id like to know about it; im gonna mark this with a thumb now though since i think its outside snackability range.

jallport:
I think you're describing wget.  Available in most linux distros and as a win32 binary, I am prety sure it will handle ftp PUTs aswell as http GETs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version