ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What is your preferred font?

<< < (24/30) > >>

Curt:
- I also have re-booted but still don't see any difference worth mentioning. So now I am the one asking, what should I be looking for?

And, do you have ClearType as well?

Edited:
Looking inside some text files has made me see one of the improvements:
Courier New 10 is A LOT nicer now!

superboyac:
I think gdipp initially screws up some stuff on your computer.  there's a lot of flickering, errors, weird problems.  But then they go away.  Almost like it's rendering for the first time, and once it does it, things are ok.

MilesAhead:
This site is supposed to help you roll your own:

http://www.freedownloadaday.com/2010/05/28/build-your-own-fonts-for-free/

Eóin:
Curt, is it working for you yet? I had to manually start the services on my Win7 x64 before the new rendering engine kicked in.

For anyone else curious I'm attaching a screenshot from Iron, other programs all look similar.
What is your preferred font?
Sure does feel like I'm on Linux all of a sudden :D. Needless to say I'll be uninstalling it ASAP. I can appreciate it may just be that I'm too accustomed to the Windows style of font rendering, but all the dodgy spacing/kerning that can be seen in the screenshot just looks very inelegant to me.

Curt:
-as far as I can(not) understand, any effect of gdipp also has to do with what type of monitor I am using? Mine is a LCD screen from the previous century, named Eizo FlexScan L360, (a TFT type, I am told). Very hype back then, but now just very old.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version