ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What is your preferred font?

<< < (21/30) > >>

Curt:
-I guess most of our little kingdom is 'familiar' with at least one member of the Allers'. The woman in head of the dynasty is well-known for her visit to the northern Greenland and the North-pole on a sledge, for climbing Mt Everest, for being the first white person to ever visit certain man-eating Guinea tribes (and survive the meetings, that is), among other hobbies!

The Aller font is okay, but I don't like "Q" and "f".

MilesAhead:
Now here's a cool looking font:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Others/Font-Utils/Royal-Acidbath-Regular.shtml

It also comes with an outline font counterpart.

Curt:
-yeah, Royal Acidbath is really good looking, Miles

But it's not Unicode  :(

What is your preferred font?

Shades:
Well, there is a piece of software promoted lately that enhances the rendering of fonts. Whatever font tickles you, it looks better when using this open source renderer, gdipp.

The link leads to a descriptive page with screenshots that show the differences between the results of the Windows rendering software and gdipp rendering software.

40hz:
Well, there is a piece of software promoted lately that enhances the rendering of fonts. Whatever font tickles you, it looks better when using this open source renderer, gdipp.

The link leads to a descriptive page with screenshots that show the differences between the results of the Windows rendering software and gdipp rendering software.
-Shades (May 26, 2010, 07:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

I remember seeing a write-up on gdipp recently.

Looks to be a promising bit of technology that I hope makes it all the way since I was never overly impressed by Microsoft's text rendering capabilities. I split my time equally with Linux and I can't help but notice how much better screen text looks in that environment - and on the exact same hardware.

ClearType used to just mildly annoy me. But now that I've gone over to non-CRT monitors, the overall poor quality of the text often drives me right up the wall.

Definitely going to have to give gdipp a try soon.  :Thmbsup:

Has anybody here tried it yet?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version