ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Toggle mouse acceleration with a simple program

<< < (8/10) > >>

nudone:
i've realised that using the middle mouse button to control acceleration isn't that clever - there are other programs that can use the middle mouse button; silly of me to forget that.

so, if anyone is interested i've changed things to middle + right buttons (together) to accelerate.

keeping the return to default speed set at middle button release only (instead of middle + right button release), appears to have the extra benefit of acting like a toggle - so you can keep locked into acceleration mode until you just hit the middle mouse button again (the middle release obviously triggered the MButton Up action).

If you want to keep things so that only acceleration works when middle and right buttons are held down then change the 2nd line from "MButton Up" to "MButton & RButton Up"

--- Code: AutoIt ---MButton & RButton:: Run, "C:\Program Files\MouseAccelToggler\MouseAccelToggler.exe" accel=on speed=20 cursor="C:\Program Files\MouseAccelToggler\cursor large red.cur"MButton Up:: Run, "C:\Program Files\MouseAccelToggler\MouseAccelToggler.exe" accel=off speed=10 cursor="Default"

doctorfrog:
Just saw this on gHacks: http://www.ghacks.net/2010/11/03/mouse-speed-switcher-configure-speed-settings-per-mouse/

It promises to be exactly what I need, a program that's smart enough to differentiate between multiple pointing devices and apply separate sensitivity settings for each.

Why Windows can't do this on its own is still a mystery, my work laptop has up to three devices on it: a touchpad, a joystick nub, and a wireless mouse, all with their own little sensitivity quirks. There are literally millions of laptops like this out there.

Down side: It's nagware, which costs 7.50 in european moon money to register.

edit: http://sourceforge.net/projects/automousesw/ appears to be an open source solution.

tomos:
7.50 in european moon money
-doctorfrog (November 03, 2010, 01:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

moon calling earth lol

Shades:
Hey, if they can go go from the moon called Europa to this planet for 7.5o euro, then why is the Europe Space Agency not the reeking in the profits from inter-planetary trade and/or resources?

:P

hyz:
I got this app and it seemed simple and great, but while the toggling works fine between the states, the acceleration-enabled state handles waay differently from what it was before using this app. I don't like it and am looking for ways to return it to the Windows (7) defaults, but it seems to have messed up some internal acceleration related values that Windows doesn't even let you access from the control panel.

I know I'm a bit late to the party here, but since there seem to be some actual value-based settings that need to be set instead of "just" toggling it, it could be nice to expose them with command line options, like the base speed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version