ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Toggle mouse acceleration with a simple program

<< < (6/10) > >>

mouser:
One caveat that I haven't been able to figure out yet is that, when using a custom cursor, it is used for all cursor functions i.e. no resizing cursors, no I-beam, etc.
--- End quote ---

i was afraid of that. i think that makes this cursor changing feature not so useful.
it *might* still be a good idea if one instead could trigger a windows-cursor-theme change, to change entire sets of cursors.

otherwise i suggest that it would be more useful to use a different mechanism besides cursor change to indicate the change in acceleration, like background desktop color.

in fact, given that the goal is to toggle back and forth acceleration for high precision uses (like in a graphics program), it would seem to me highly likely that the graphics program is going to have its own custom cursors in use (like paintbrush cursor, etc.) so the whole cursor changing idea is not going to cut it.

nudone:
in fact, given that the goal is to toggle back and forth acceleration for high precision uses (like in a graphics program), it would seem to me highly likely that the graphics program is going to have its own custom cursors in use (like paintbrush cursor, etc.) so the whole cursor changing idea is not going to cut it.
-mouser (May 01, 2010, 02:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

oh dear. i completely forgot about that. maybe a tray icon is the way to go - and desktop colour change (though that will be hidden a lot of the time).

at this rate it looks like i'll be sticking with my original (very basic) cursor slide method.

are there any other visual cues that would help?

mouser:
i think the idea of toggling mouse acceleration is a great one.. i'm not really sure you NEED a visual indicator about it.. it's going to be pretty obvious.  though i can imagine a separate idea for a docked bar on the screen showing various cursor related info (like acceleration, etc), color under cursor, etc. might be useful to some.

nudone:
if the toggle could be made so that it only accelerated when a hotkey was held down then i wouldn't need a visual cue as to what mode the speed is in. i didn't ask if this could be included with MAT as i thought the visual cue would be simpler/easier to do. but, if i'm honest, the accelerate only when hotkey/button is down is the method i need. this is also how i'd expect a built in mouse acceleration to work - is this how a gaming mouse works?

as MAT works through switches that are either set or not - would it be possible to adapt it do the acceleration only when a hotkey is held down?

skwire:
You can't do it directly with MAT, but you can easily with a couple of AHK hotkeys set up like this:

--- Code: AutoIt ---~^!+LButton:: Run, C:\path\to\MouseAccelToggler.exe accel=on speed=20 cursor="C:\path\to\cursor.cur"~^!+LButton Up:: Run, C:\path\to\MouseAccelToggler.exe accel=off speed=10 cursor="Default"
This will let you use ctrl-alt-shift-left mouse button down to do one thing and another when releasing it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version