Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 24, 2014, 12:20:19 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Free DonationCoder.com Member Kit: Submit Request.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: DONE: Right Click any file and create New Folder by its Name  (Read 50205 times)
TaoPhoenix
Supporting Member

Making a Post, Editing it twice to make it nice.

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #150 on: December 14, 2012, 03:02:03 PM »

I don't think so, not every time. A couple of times I renamed folders trying out different versions from the thread here, but I think in each case once I actually ran it , I tested it right away and got the bug.
TaoPhoenix
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #151 on: January 08, 2013, 03:17:53 AM »

Hi Skwire and gang,

Since whatever quirk of my system is making this Snack misbehave for me, but I need the effect, Beyond Lies the Web! (Pun!)

First, to do the basics of your Snack, here is a SevenForums posting with a BAT file that works for me.
http://www.sevenforums.co...create-folders-files.html
http://www.sevenforums.co...ers-files-file2folder.bat

Here's a GUI version of the idea, though it's a bit "noisy" on my machine where some features don't work right, but the basic part does. ("No internet error"?! and also the Folder Monitor doesn't work for me.)
http://www.thehtpc.net/htpc/file-to-folder-script/
http://code.google.com/p/file2foldergui/
http://code.google.com/p/...2foldergui/downloads/list

Edit: 20 Day Trial Only for this next one, and clearly an older back end.

For an interesting spin on the theme, take a look at this item:
http://www.monkeyjob.com/FoldMonk.html
FoldMonkey
This one adds the extra twists of automatic monitoring of a specific folder and some process filtering. So it's interesting as a study example. I'm not sure I trust their payment back end to still be safe after this many years given they haven't updated their copyrights, but it claims to be good on Win7, which of course is Quasi-New.

------------------

Whew! But the options are interesting.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 04:10:13 AM by TaoPhoenix » Logged
skywalka

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #152 on: May 06, 2013, 08:30:00 PM »

Please consider an option to type your own name when creating a folder for one file.

Love this app.

Thanx.
skywalka

« Reply #153 on: May 16, 2013, 08:31:06 PM »

If I have 2 files:
alpha.txt
beta.doc

When I use File2Folder can it have a dropdown box that allows me to select alpha or beta as the folder name?
skwire

Another Coding Snack request? Om nom nom...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #154 on: May 16, 2013, 09:14:38 PM »

Sure, it can be done but I think I'll pass because, if the user selects a boatload of files, that dropdown list is going to be just as long and might slow things down.

TaoPhoenix
Supporting Member

« Reply #155 on: May 25, 2013, 01:13:44 PM »

Random note, As much as a reminder to me as anything:

I am starting to use my laptop again, which also has XP, so I can use that as a cross-test system for the times when certain coding snacks seem to be misbehaving on my primary system.

So one of these months I'll get to that...

skywalka

« Reply #156 on: July 22, 2013, 11:04:04 PM »

When I use Files 2 Folder locally the process completes in a couple seconds.

When I use Files 2 Folder on my Drobo FS it can take up to 10 minutes for F2F to finish.  If I do it manually it only takes seconds.
skwire

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #157 on: July 22, 2013, 11:19:29 PM »

When I use Files 2 Folder locally the process completes in a couple seconds.
When I use Files 2 Folder on my Drobo FS it can take up to 10 minutes for F2F to finish.  If I do it manually it only takes seconds.

*shrug*  I've no idea why this would be.  I use Files 2 Folder across a local Windows share (mapped drive) and it completes instantly.

TaoPhoenix
Supporting Member

« Reply #158 on: September 05, 2013, 01:24:08 AM »

I magically had this working again out of a total fluke ... and then I moved the folder again and it went back to crashing! Sad

skwire

« Reply #159 on: September 05, 2013, 08:14:35 AM »

Silly Tao...Trix are for kids.   cheesy

1) Download this: http://skwire.dcmembers.c...es_2_folder/Unreg_F2F.zip
2) Run the Unregister_F2F_Shell_Extension.exe file, in Administrator mode, and that should unregister the shell extension.
3) Put your Files2Folder.exe file where you want and run it.  It should ask you if you want to register the shell extension.

Let me know if it doesn't.

TehBotolSosro
Participant

« Reply #160 on: September 22, 2013, 03:39:18 AM »

i really like this program, worked great in win8, just remember to run the program at admin mode when you start the program for the first time, without admin mode the shell extension doesn't show up.

thank you for creating this program
TaoPhoenix
Supporting Member

« Reply #161 on: September 22, 2013, 07:14:23 AM »

Hmm. It's at least starting off behaving on my laptop. This time I made a MoreUtils folder way at the top of the C drive, so this is one I have to remember gets really cranky when you move it, so it's out of the way and I can just let it do its thing.

Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.033s | Server load: 0.09 ]