ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Right Click any file and create New Folder by its Name

<< < (52/57) > >>

tomos:
chumbolito, IIUC, this may be of help:
https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/dragdrop/index.html

skwire:
I have 10 files name file 1.txt, file 2. text, file 3.txt,.... (one click batch process) and have them each go to folders named 'file 1', 'file 2', 'file 3', etc...-tomos (October 28, 2017, 05:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sounds like a job for my File Punter app:  http://skwire.dcmembers.com/fp/?page=file-punter

chumbolito:
skwire, if I was able/capable of using it, maybe, but from the screenshot alone I can tell I won't. Don't know what 'regular expressions' are? Thank anyway, I'll now have a look at the one tomos posted.
Thanks anyway to both!  :)

cci8j:
Skwire,

Would you consider a feature request for Files2Folders. Ah, Files2Folders-- the code that saved our world from Armageddon. They teach the children of it, and it provides our people solace in trying times.

Anyway!

Sometimes I want the "target folder" to be created in a different directory than the one I'm in. Can a list of 10 recent directories or so be kept in a pick list and defaulted to the last-used? Also, and I'm not sure how this'll grab ya, sometimes I'd like the target directory to named for me. Can some random string, or perhaps a timestamp, or a combination be generated to offer me that option. These two features are great when weeding a directory (like "Downloads" that may not have been cleaned for a bit...) and wanting to keep the files, but get them out of my face, and put them in the canonical place I keep those files.

Again, loves me the Files2Folders, even without this goosing. If there even IS another computer program, I've never heard of it!

skwire:
Sometimes I want the "target folder" to be created in a different directory than the one I'm in. Can a list of 10 recent directories or so be kept in a pick list and defaulted to the last-used? Also, and I'm not sure how this'll grab ya, sometimes I'd like the target directory to named for me. Can some random string, or perhaps a timestamp, or a combination be generated to offer me that option. These two features are great when weeding a directory (like "Downloads" that may not have been cleaned for a bit...) and wanting to keep the files, but get them out of my face, and put them in the canonical place I keep those files.-cci8j (March 20, 2018, 02:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

Most of these options, or close to it, are available when you select multiple files.  Have you seen that dialog?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version