ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Right Click any file and create New Folder by its Name

<< < (50/57) > >>

Rook-Alpha:
Hi Skwire. Thanks for the welcome, and the great little script.

That fix worked! I don't know how I missed it in the scrollback. (Sorry for wasting your time!)
-Rook-Alpha (October 25, 2016, 06:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

No time wasted so no worries.  I'm glad the program is working for you.  Which OS are you using, if you don't mind me asking?
-skwire (October 25, 2016, 09:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

Currently using Win10 Pro (b14393.321).

bryan8:
Hi,

Joined this forum just to comment.  Since moving to Win10 I (and others from this topic) have had problems getting F2F to work correctly.

Error message:   "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the default programs control panel."

My windows installation was a Win7 upgrade, and I have also noticed that I have some other non-working context menus - such as "Register COM Server"

Other people have reported this problem but not really explained how the problem was resolved.

I tried the unregister shell program that you posted.   If fact I believe that this is the same program, which is generated when the main program is "installed".   In regedit I can see the context menu items added and removing correctly from the registry, with the correct CLSID.  However, this does not solve the problem.    The context menu shows the program item but does not "link" it to program.

TL;DR

I right-clicked on the Files2Folder.exe application itself and run the "Troubleshoot Compatibility"  option.  It suggested "Vista", requested that I try it out.  It worked!   Then save settings for compatibility.

Hope this is helpful for others.

BTW, Very useful and handy application, thank you for creating it.

skwire:
Hi, bryan8, and welcome to the DonationCoder site.  :)

I right-clicked on the Files2Folder.exe application itself and run the "Troubleshoot Compatibility"  option.  It suggested "Vista", requested that I try it out.  It worked!-bryan8 (December 07, 2016, 07:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you for the report and I'll definitely add this to my list of things to try when folks email me about F2F working on Windows 10.   :Thmbsup:

BTW, Very useful and handy application, thank you for creating it.-bryan8 (December 07, 2016, 07:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

You're most welcome; I'm glad you find the application useful.   :D

floc:
Hi skwire and thank you for your utility :)
After YEARS of honored service on my home server (2008R2) I migrated to windows server 2016 and files2folder stopped working.
I can register the extension, it seems to work as it appears correctly. But every time I click "files2Folder" explorer.exe goes to loop and need to be restarted. No antivirus or whatsoever, same behaviour as user or as admin.

Any hint? No luck with compatibility modes.

It still works great on w10, even with creator update.

skwire:
Any hint?
-floc (July 30, 2017, 02:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

From the emails I've received, it doesn't work with Windows Server 2012 so it's probably not too surprising that it doesn't work with Windows Server 2016, either.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version