ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Right Click any file and create New Folder by its Name

<< < (42/57) > >>

callumm:
I'm trying on a Win7 machine. Like a few other folks I started out by running the exe from the archive. I've since used the Unreg_F2F.zip to uninstall. I followed these steps.

1. Download this: http://skwire.dcmemb...folder/Unreg_F2F.zip
2. Extract that zip into some folder.  Right-click the Unregister_F2F_Shell_Extension.exe file and choose Run As Administrator.  That should unregister the shell extension.
3. Put your Files2Folder.exe file where you want and run it with Administrator rights as well.  You MUST run it with Administrator rights. It should ask you if you want to register the shell extension.
4. Now try right-clicking a file now and let me know.

--- End quote ---

Ok, now I have the Files2Folder context menu item, but whenever I use it, I get a 'waiting' cursor for about 2-3 minutes and then an error.  "This file does not have a program associated with it for perfoming this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an assocation in the Default Programs control panel".  I haven't moved the folder that Files2Folder.exe is in. I have tried restarting, and uninstalling a few times.

Other things I've tried: setting Files2Folder.exe compatibility to Windows XP SP3. Changing the privilege level to 'run this program as an administrator' for all users. Changing the affinity of the running process. The process, incidentally seems to consume no resources while it's running and then exits after throwing the error.

rasbury:
Hi There,
Many Thanks for the program - I've been looking for something to help me with this problem for a couple of days now and this seems perfect. Well nearly.....
The small problem that I have is that you can only appear to convert up to 15 files at a time to a folder/s.
Is this the maximum you can do or is it possible to do more than this as I have literally 1000's to do..
Many Thanks for any help you can offer
Have a great day......

skwire:
Hi, rasbury, and welcome to the DonationCoder site.   :)

The small problem that I have is that you can only appear to convert up to 15 files at a time to a folder/s.
Is this the maximum you can do or is it possible to do more than this as I have literally 1000's to do.. -rasbury (November 29, 2015, 12:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

I did a test with ~160 images and it moved them all without an issue.  I also did another test of ~300 various file types (downloads folder) without issue.  Anybody else experience the issue described above?

rasbury:
Hi Skwire and thanks for the welcome...
For your information the program is now working great and I can convert numerous files at a time. Great time saver for me.
I have another v.small problem that I am searching for a solution for. Wonder if you could advise?
I have attached a screenshot:
What I am having to do at the moment is drag and drop each PDF file into the folders on the left. Again I have literally thousands of these to do and it is proving very time consuming.
Is there a program you are aware of that would let me 'batch attach' these PDF's into the correct folders.
Many Thanks for any advise you could offer and have a great day....

skwire:
What I am having to do at the moment is drag and drop each PDF file into the folders on the left. Again I have literally thousands of these to do and it is proving very time consuming.
Is there a program you are aware of that would let me 'batch attach' these PDF's into the correct folders. -rasbury (November 30, 2015, 06:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

The screenshot you provided is a bit blurry but, from what I can tell, you need to put each of those PDF files into their own folder, correct?  If so, my File Punter application can do that in no time.

http://skwire.dcmembers.com/fp/?page=file-punter
https://www.donationcoder.com/Forums/bb/index.php?topic=21964.0

It's a bit of an advanced program so I would play around with it on a few copies of your files first (until you become comfortable with it).  If you have trouble figuring it out, let me know and I'll help you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version