ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Right Click any file and create New Folder by its Name

<< < (38/57) > >>

zramdt:
Hello !

Thank for your App ! Very helpfull !
I have the following question :
I created hundred of folder with Files 2 Folder (great app.) but they all created with the current date.
Is there a way to configure the program (config.ini ??) so that folders can be created with the source files date ?
Thanks in advance for reply.

tomos:
I created hundred of folder with Files 2 Folder (great app.) but they all created with the current date.
Is there a way to configure the program (config.ini ??) so that folders can be created with the source files date ?
-zramdt (June 09, 2015, 06:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

just in case Skwire cannot help directly, here is a possible solution:
DONE: Change (sub) folder(s) date based on newest/oldest file in the folder

skwire:
Is there a way to configure the program (config.ini ??) so that folders can be created with the source files date ?-zramdt (June 09, 2015, 06:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hi, zramdt, and welcome to the DonationCoder site.  In regards to your question, no, there currently is no way to make Files 2 Folder work that way.  However, please do check out the application that tomos referred to as I think it's designed to do what you want.

just in case Skwire cannot help directly, here is a possible solution:
DONE: Change (sub) folder(s) date based on newest/oldest file in the folder
-tomos (June 10, 2015, 04:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

I was going to suggest that program, too, tomos.

zramdt:
Hey guys !

Thank you very much for your help and the kick answer.
It work exactly like excepted !

- Files2Folder to get the directories
- SetFolDate for adjusting date of each folder

:o)

hairypaulsack:
Hey thanks for the awesome program. I use it everyday.
First of all wanted to say that it works great but there are a few hiccups/suggestion.

1. I manually entered a string value with a location to my Files2Folder.exe to use it's icon. Looks more nice in the context menu. Maybe ask users upon installation?

2. Doesn't work with items on my desktop. Actually some weird shit is happening. I'll provide two examples, both from icons on my desktop. The two programs I tested right now (though I have tried this many times in the past) were WinDriStat and OpenIV [Drive space tree image viewer and GTAIV and V modding utility]
2.A. The WinDirStat made an empty folder in C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86) and did not take or make a copy of the file.
2B. The OpenIV app made it's way to C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\New Technology Studio\Apps and made a copy of the program, placed it in a folder of the name (which is kinda properly working) and changed the location in the target value of the original desired item from the desktop.

May this have something to do with them being shortcuts?

3. Finally I'm having issues in protected areas. I can't use the program in say Program Files. I assume this is due to UAC but I edited the properties of the original location of Files2Folder.exe and told it to run as administrator without any success. Trying to run it elevated only produced errors in an inability to locate the Files2Folder.exe item. I tried to run Files2Folders in a command prompt and didn't have any progress. Process Monitor showed the location of Files2Folder.exe with the targeted filed behind it as the command that was run but I guess there are trade secrets lol? Is this code opensource? I'm learning and would love a smaller program to learn a little. I'm at a dead end with Process Monitor and regedit trying to see how the program works.

Thanks
Paul

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version