ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Right Click any file and create New Folder by its Name

<< < (29/57) > >>

skwire:
Hi, Kzoom, and welcome to the DonationCoder site.  I'm sorry to hear you're having troubles with this app.

So, based on your above post, you have downloaded and attempted to unpack this zip file, right?

http://skwire.dcmembers.com/apps/files_2_folder/Unreg_F2F.zip

If so, it's possible your download was corrupted in some way.  I just downloaded it to make sure it wasn't corrupted server side.  All checked out and it was able to unregister the shell extension here on my computer.  If you're familiar with MD5 checksums, the checksum of that zip file is 37A982755D8385708DD80B4BBED5DCB7.  Can you verify it's not a corrupt download?

Kzoom:
Yes, that's the MD5 checksum.
I checked again on that PC, and your files (both of them) show up a total of ten times on the Webroot 'quarantine' for my laptop. I've notified Webroot that they're throwing a false positive, even when I have it turned off (?).

Meanwhile, I loaded Files2Folder to my Win 7 64-bit, (run w/ Admin permissions) and it works great there. So I'm going to move all the photos there and do the work on that PC.

Thanks for the fast attention.
I'll drop something in the bucket.

-k-

"Technology: It Almost Works."

skwire:
Yes, that's the MD5 checksum.-Kzoom (April 20, 2012, 09:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

Cool, thanks for checking.

I checked again on that PC, and your files (both of them) show up a total of ten times on the Webroot 'quarantine' for my laptop. I've notified Webroot that they're throwing a false positive, even when I have it turned off (?).-Kzoom (April 20, 2012, 09:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

I guess we can chalk it up to Webroot interfering with things.  However, I can guarantee it's a false positive.

Meanwhile, I loaded Files2Folder to my Win 7 64-bit, (run w/ Admin permissions) and it works great there. So I'm going to move all the photos there and do the work on that PC.-Kzoom (April 20, 2012, 09:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

If I may ask, how are you choosing which photos to move?  If it's something in the filename that can be matched on, perhaps my File Punter app might be of use?

Thanks for the fast attention.
I'll drop something in the bucket.-Kzoom (April 20, 2012, 09:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

You're welcome and thanks.  =]

Kzoom:
Got three DVDs back from scanmyphoto.com of prints from whenever upthrough about 2004, when I started using digital cameras.
The pictures are consecutively named, 00000001.jpg, 0000002.jpg, and so on.
I'd included file cards with dates and descriptions for groups of pictures, and these got scanned in with the bundles of pictures.
So now, 'View thumbnails' in file explorer, look at the note card, select all from notecard up to next notecard, use your utility to name and 'folder' those jpgs.
Later, Picasa to view, publish, whatever, already have it for all the digitals since 2005. 

Kzoom:
Paypal @ http://skwire.dcmembers.com/wb/pages/software/files-2-folder.php   OK?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version