ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Right Click any file and create New Folder by its Name

<< < (28/57) > >>

skwire:
Because it's not a real shell namespace extension.  It uses some code to create and register what is known as a DropTarget in order to get the file/folder names you have highlighted when you right-click and choose the Files 2 Folder context menu entry.  It was the only way I could find that would accomplish this sort of thing in AHK.

TaoPhoenix:
Hi Skwire,

That new version is giving me squished text again on my Win7 hi-res screens. We saw that before on one of your other programs. Is that easy to fix again?

skwire:
Website | Download
v1.1.2 - 2012-03-23
    ! F2F now ignores 120 DPI settings.

TaoPhoenix:
Much Better. Hooray!

It's good to have this back. I lost use of it for a couple months because I think I moved the original and the system couldn't find it anymore.

Kzoom:
I can't get this to work on my Win XP box at home.
Ran a version I got from cnet, it put the entry in the right-click menu, but nothing happens. Tried to install it again, my Webroot tells me it's infected, so I stopped.
When I got to work, I looked around for info on the app, found your site (http://skwire.dcmembers.com/wb/pages/software/files-2-folder.php). Downloaded the app from your site to the office Win XP here at work. Your app works exactly as advertised. Here.

So I copied the extracted Files2Folder.exe from my work PC to my home PC, tried to run it. Nothing. Even used a cmd prompt to try to run the -u unregister. No matter what, "Access is denied".

I can't 'unregister' the one at home either, either with the -u or with your 'Unregister' version. Extracting the exe from the zip either fails silently, or fails with interesting errors: (Winzip) "Error writing to c:\temp\download\Unregister_F2F_Shell_extension.exe. Possible cause: disk full or system limits exceeded."
More Detail? it asks. Sure.
Extracting to "C:\Temp\downloads\"
Use Path: no   Overlay Files: yes
Extracting Unregister_F2F_Shell_Extension.exe
Error writing to C:\Temp\downloads\Unregister_F2F_Shell_Extension.exe.  Possible cause: disk full or system limits exceeded
*** Unable to set the file's timestamp(2/16/2012  1:44 AM)

warning (2): could not set file attributes

And if I try to execute it from within Winzip, I get  the same error, but pointing at location
Extracting to "C:\Documents and Settings\(my name)\Local Settings\Temp\"

I've got full admin on the box in question, it's a solid box, up and running several years, mostly does background media processing now, and I found your app because I need to 'folder' over 6000 jpgs into their relevant days / events groupings. EXACTLY what I need, if only I can get it to work. (PS: Scanmyphotos.com might want to license this app.)

I've still got the entry in the right-click menu, does nothing, and can't get it to go away. Tried with and without Webroot on, no diff.

Any help? Not to be crass, but I'll put up some bucks for this working.
Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version