ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Right Click any file and create New Folder by its Name

<< < (14/57) > >>

skwire:
My fault I had the # sign cemented in my brain as the character for a space. I see your correction now.
Everything is good to go !!
Thank you very much.
-sizzle (October 03, 2009, 03:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

You are welcome.  Thanks for reporting this bug.

Website | Download

v1.0.5 - 2009-10-03
    ! Fixed a replace characters scope issue where the entire path was
      being considered instead of just the new folder.  (Thanks, sizzle)

mateek:
I'd put Files2Folder down for awhile.  It seems like some users will find it indispensable, but for me I'll probably only use it once and a while.  I downloaded the newest version last night.  I got a total blank in all my context menus, including after reboot.  I unregistered np. Nothing in the task manager this time, although I didn't look until I unregistered.  Any hope for me to get this going, or is my working computer just too old and bloated?  Any way for me to generate a hook log or something helpful to post in case an update is justified?

BTW, skwire, love your Switcheroo and Zero Zipper.  Filebucket is on my desktop to try one of these years.

skwire:
I downloaded the newest version last night.  I got a total blank in all my context menus, including after reboot.  I unregistered np. Nothing in the task manager this time, although I didn't look until I unregistered.  Any hope for me to get this going, or is my working computer just too old and bloated?-mateek (January 11, 2010, 01:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

When you say total blank, you don't mean that your context menu is totally blank, do you?  I assume you mean that just the Files2Folder entry doesn't show up, right?  Also, you shouldn't see anything in the task manager after you register the extension.  Files2Folder doesn't stay running; it only launches when called from the menu.

mateek:
When you say total blank, you don't mean that your context menu is totally blank, do you?  I assume you mean that just the Files2Folder entry doesn't show up, right?
--- End quote ---

Right.  The rest of my context menu is fine.

Also, you shouldn't see anything in the task manager after you register the extension.  Files2Folder doesn't stay running; it only launches when called from the menu.
--- End quote ---

When I wrote in this thread a few months ago (September 28, '09) with an older version of Files2Folder, there was a files2folder.exe running in the processes, when I was having trouble unregistering, but I did clear it the next day.  The current version has no .exe showing.

Sorry, I hope I didn't startle you.

skwire:
You mentioned in your other post that you run a couple of apps that modify the context menu.  Perhaps they're interfering with Files2Folders context menu entry in some way?  If you want to see if the entry has even made it into your registry, search for this string:

{a951a7c0-97b1-11de-b5f4-0002a5d5c51b}

1) Fire up Windows Registry Editor.
2) Highlight the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT folder near the top.
3) Choose Edit, Find from the menu.
4) Paste the above string in the "Find what" field and click the "Find next" button.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version