ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Right Click any file and create New Folder by its Name

<< < (13/57) > >>

sizzle:
Can you provide me with the exact paths you're using, please?

1) Files 2 Folder install path.
2) Full path of the ABC folder you reference.
3) Full path and filename of the file you're working with.

Thanks.
-skwire (October 02, 2009, 04:29 PM)
--- End quote ---
1)=C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Files2Folder
2)=C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Holding
3)=C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Holding--filename is Action Plan444.xlsx

Note: This behavior was remedied by a re-install of the program. However I want you to know that the program was creating a new directory named "documentsandsettings" again this is not the same directory that already exists on the  drive named:
 "Document and Settings"

The operating sys is XP PRO service pack3 installed.

BTW can you answer my other question.

I would like to remove the space from specific file names.
How do you set up the config.ini to create a folder name without the space that's in the file name.

Example: file name is "Store Info.docx" (no quotes)
Folder created is "Store Info"
Would like the folder name to be StoreInfo (no space)

Here are the settings on the config.ini file:

[Settings]
Remove_Chars=1
Chars_To_Remove=!@#$%^&()-_

skwire:
Note: This behavior was remedied by a re-install of the program. However I want you to know that the program was creating a new directory named "documentsandsettings" again this is not the same directory that already exists on the  drive named:
 "Document and Settings"
[...]
How do you set up the config.ini to create a folder name without the space that's in the file name.-sizzle (October 03, 2009, 01:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you.  I believe I was able to figure out and fix the "documentsandsettings" issue.  Would you mind testing this interim build, please?: Download v1.0.4.2  There should be no need to unregister/register the extension.  Simply replace your current executable with this one.

To remove spaces in the filename, set up your config.ini like this:

--- ---Remove_Chars=1
Chars_To_Remove=! @#$%^&(){}[]

Basically, just put the space char somewhere in the middle of that string.  In my example, it's the second character...between the ! and the @.  Please let me know if that interim build solves your issues and I'll promote it to a release.

sizzle:
Thanks I installed V1.0.4.2 and it appears to be working with no glitches.

However the folder name still contains a space. If you notice my previous post, I already had the ini configured as you suggested with the # sign.

Here are the current settings on the config.ini file in use:
[Settings]
Remove_Chars=1

If you test this example I expect you will get a created folder with a space in the folder name.

Example: file name is "Store Info.docx" (no quotes)
Folder created is "Store Info"
Would like the folder name to be StoreInfo (no space)

[Settings]
Remove_Chars=1

Thank you for your time and quick responses. It's nice to deal with someone who has passion for their work.

skwire:
However the folder name still contains a space. If you notice my previous post, I already had the ini configured as you suggested with the # sign.
Here are the current settings on the config.ini file in use:
[Settings]
Remove_Chars=1
Chars_To_Remove=!@#$%^&()-_-sizzle (October 03, 2009, 02:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hmmm...I'm not sure what you mean about the # sign since we're talking about a space.  At any rate, your string does not contain a space in it as far as I can see.

Chars_To_Remove=!@#$%^&()-_      <--- Your string.
Chars_To_Remove=! @#$%^&()-_     <--- What it needs to be.
                 ^
                 |_ Notice the space?

Does that make things clearer?

sizzle:
 :( arghh..........brain fart.

My fault I had the # sign cemented in my brain as the character for a space. I see your correction now.

Everything is good to go !!

Thank you very much.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version