topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 4:55 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Opera 10  (Read 18463 times)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Opera 10
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2009, 05:25 PM »
Well, at least it didn't take long.  Saved my util as RunOperaTen and just hard wired the new .ini filename.  So I'll have to try it out and see if it still works on AllMusic.com. :)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2009, 04:14 PM »
I added a feature to pass along any command line params to Opera 10 and made RunOperaTen available for download:

http://www.favessoft.com/downloads.html

The link is near the bottom of the page.

yksyks

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2010, 05:53 PM »
Despite I said good bye to Opera some time ago I still gave it another try when 10.51 appeared. What a surprise--the form autocomplete is still not there! I tried the "OpS -- Opera input suggestion" user JavaScript which I used for years, but it doesn't work with the new versions.

After long and almost desperate googling I managed to dig this modification of the script, and it seems to be working. You can download it here. Definitely worth a try (both the script and the new Opera itself).

By the way, would someone here be able to modify it not to be case-sensitive?

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2010, 01:27 PM »
btw afa the AutoCopy in Opera goes.. the best of both worlds is the way it's done in ClickCutter AutoCopy AddOn for Firefox.  If you select with the mouse and hold down the mouse button for the trigger duration, a little (c) pops up to let you know it was copied to the clipboard.

I found it too difficult to tune the duration so that I could easily avoid the copy with the mouse. But I found that if you select with the keyboard, it does not try to autocopy.  If you want to select text with no chance of it autocopying, just use the keyboard.  It really works well.  I find if I'm off by one character I just keep moving the mouse and it periodically updates showing the (c) so you know when you have exactly the portion of the line you want in the clipboard.  Very nice.

Something like that should eliminate the paranoia for those who hate to autocopy  by accident.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2011, 09:47 PM »
After messing with AutoCopy AddOns I finally just said to hell with it and added the function to my Transpose hotkey that sits in the tray.  Chromium, Opera, and Firefox based browsers are already included.

How to use and modify is detailed here:

https://www.donation....msg248551#msg248551

You can download Transpose from this page:

http://www.favessoft.com/hotkeys.html

It's nice to have uniform usage across browsers.  I may even uninstall AutoCopy from Thunderbird next. :)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 09:49 PM by MilesAhead »