ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Opera 10

<< < (4/6) > >>

jgpaiva:
Personally, if they redesigned the addressbar to work as it does in the rest of the browsers, with the added bonus of webpage content indexing, it would be enough to label Opera as a true 10 version. The feature is so broken that it really irks me every time I use it.
-Lashiec (September 02, 2009, 07:28 AM)
--- End quote ---
This feature was broken from the beggining. I NEVER could find a page I previously visited by typing keywords from it. Actually, to be fair, I didn't even understand what information does the address bar save/search.

The Linux version looks and runs great.
-zridling (September 02, 2009, 08:59 PM)
--- End quote ---
See screenshot below. Opera running on the same machine as firefox, decides to render pages with fonts that look like crap.
(opera is on  the right)
The font used by opera is smaller, taller and with less space between letters. I can't read it, at the distance I am from the screen.
Oh, and I just noticed that 'Comment' isn't on the same horizontal line as the other links, for some reason.

Opera 10

To be fair, the only reason this nags me is because I really like opera. But I see no reason for them to make these mistakes.

Lashiec:
I still can't get over the fact that Opera now feels like Seamonkey 3.5 (not really in direct reference to Seamonkey since I don't use it but to Firefox) when the whole default keyboard settings and look of Opera just went downhill. My biggest complaint though remains how there is no quick old keyboard set-up considering how this is one of the things exclusive to Opera that no other browser has.
-Paul Keith (September 02, 2009, 09:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

There's a profile that reverts keyboard shortcuts to the setup used in Opera 9.2. Dunno if that helps. There's also another option to reactivate single key shortcuts ('1' and '2' FTW).

I haven't really been paying attention to all the addressbar/smartbar innovations. Could you explain what's wrong with opera's current way of doing it? I wasn't aware there was any major issues with Opera's address bar. (Although I know of Opera implementing it to be more like history cache meets address bar. I just didn't think there was any big feature within it's implementation that warranted a version number.)

--- End quote ---

As jgpaiva says above, it basically doesn't work. Or more precisely, at least in my case, it works when it feels like it. There are several things wrong with the implementation, which I explained a while ago. As I pointed in my original post in this thread, except for HDD trashing (so far, it's a long way to fill the entire history database as I have it configured), every other problem with the address bar remains (the rest of the problems mentioned in the last part are fixed).

urlwolf:
I became disillusioned with Opera (user since v. 5) when I requested a feature (keep formatting when pasting) for several years and it never got implemented. Mind you, not that it was hard: every other browser on earth but maybe text based ones have it :)

Honestly, they are even worse than apple in their arrogance and lack of attention to user requests.

fenixproductions:
2urlwolf
Add to your complains something what is there for ages: if you select text, copy and paste into text editor, in most of the cases, you will have additional spaces added to the end of each line.

MilesAhead:
I became disillusioned with Opera (user since v. 5) when I requested a feature (keep formatting when pasting) for several years and it never got implemented. Mind you, not that it was hard: every other browser on earth but maybe text based ones have it :)

Honestly, they are even worse than apple in their arrogance and lack of attention to user requests.
-urlwolf (September 03, 2009, 01:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

One of the things that put me off Opera after using Firefox for awhile was no AutoCopy.  Tough enough to avoid Carpal Tunnel Syndrome without having to triple click the mouse to copy a line to the clipboard.  When I suggested an AutoCopy type feature it was treated like some sort of blasphemy.  I mean, get real!!!

Granted one of the things that felt weird about Linux and XWindows was auto copy when highlighting with the mouse, and single clicking instead of double in some environments.  But as long as you can enable/disable it, what's the big deal?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version