ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Launching Office docs not working...

(1/1)

alias:
Is there any known reason why launching a Office doc (Word or Excel, Office 2007, W7) wouldn't work?  If I type "Documents<tab>" to browse "My Documents", then "Planning<tab>" to browse the "Planning" directory, and  then "<doc name><Alt-#>" to launch the correct doc, the correct app runs if it's not already open, but if the app is already running (with another file open, obviously) nothing happens.  If I right click on the entry and select "Explore Here", I can of course open it fine from Explorer...

Is this just another one of those places where MS stabbed us all in the back by creating another way to do something that was already easy to do?

mouser:
can you try experimenting with the launching options in the General Settings tab, see if that makes a difference?

alias:
You got it in one try, Mouser:  Changing the Launch Method from Method 2 to Method 1 solved the problem.  Thanks!

Josh:
What's funny is I reported this exact same bug to mousey about 8 months ago :)

*pats mousey on the head*

skajfes:
That is exactly why mouser implemented two launch methods because for some opscure reasons one is working for some, and the other for the rest.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version