Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site August 02, 2014, 03:37:21 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Launching Office docs not working...  (Read 1697 times)
alias
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: September 01, 2009, 10:58:37 AM »

Is there any known reason why launching a Office doc (Word or Excel, Office 2007, W7) wouldn't work?  If I type "Documents<tab>" to browse "My Documents", then "Planning<tab>" to browse the "Planning" directory, and  then "<doc name><Alt-#>" to launch the correct doc, the correct app runs if it's not already open, but if the app is already running (with another file open, obviously) nothing happens.  If I right click on the entry and select "Explore Here", I can of course open it fine from Explorer...

Is this just another one of those places where MS stabbed us all in the back by creating another way to do something that was already easy to do?
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 11:02:41 AM »

can you try experimenting with the launching options in the General Settings tab, see if that makes a difference?
alias
Supporting Member

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 11:38:20 AM »

You got it in one try, Mouser:  Changing the Launch Method from Method 2 to Method 1 solved the problem.  Thanks!
Josh
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 01:13:25 PM »

What's funny is I reported this exact same bug to mousey about 8 months ago smiley

*pats mousey on the head*

Strength in Knowledge
skajfes
Honorary Member

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 03:40:15 PM »

That is exactly why mouser implemented two launch methods because for some opscure reasons one is working for some, and the other for the rest.

It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.031s | Server load: 0.01 ]