topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 4:25 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Windows glitch: persistent right click menu selections  (Read 3576 times)

nite_monkey

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Just Plain Super
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Windows glitch: persistent right click menu selections
« on: August 31, 2009, 03:06 PM »
I don't really know what to call this problem, but it happens to me a lot.
glich.jpg
Sometimes when ever I right click anywhere that a right click dialog would popup, the dialog pops up like normal, but as soon as I make a selection, what ever I selected stays on the screen, but the rest of the menu goes away. Then that stupid menu stays on top of every window, kind of like a window that is set to always on top.
In the attached screenshot, think of the grey area as my current active window. Now try clicking on something bellow the "Open File(s)..." box that is there. You can't.

I was wondering if anyone knew why this happens. Pretty much the only way to get rid of it is to restart my computer. I also would like to point out that I do have the newest drivers for my graphics card, and I have had this problem on both this current graphics card and windows installation, and on my old computer which had a different card and windows installation, so I wouldn't think it would be a graphics card issue, but maybe a stupid windows bug or something.
glitch 2.jpg
Here is another example with the same bug.
[Insert really cool signature here]
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 03:09 PM by nite_monkey »

rgdot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Windows glitch: persistent right click menu selections
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 05:01 PM »
One thing to try is to disable any fading menu effects, either via graphic card options or windows (Desktop properties--->Appearance--->Effects). See if anything change or it improves.

nite_monkey

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Just Plain Super
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Windows glitch: persistent right click menu selections
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 07:37 AM »
I disabled the fading menu effects, and as of right now, the problem isn't there, so I will have to wait and see if that fixes it permantly.
[Insert really cool signature here]