topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 9:09 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IDEA: Applet for Changing the Explorer Invocatio Start Location  (Read 3308 times)

socrtwo

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • The thing that hath been it is that which shall be
    • View Profile
    • S2 Services Data Recovery FreewareList
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
When you start up Explorer by say right clicking on the Start Menu and choosing "Explore", it opens up to the useless Start Menu.  Instead why doesn't it open to the root iof the C: drive which would be more useful for developers and experts?  Ity would be great if you could change this.  A cursory search for such an app or registry setting by me on Google, came up with nothing.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: IDEA: Applet for Changing the Explorer Invocatio Start Location
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 12:51 PM »
You may find these 2 items to be of interest:

http://www.vistax64....a-64-bit.html?filter[11]=Shortcuts

http://www.codeproje...ExplorerObjects.aspx

For Custom Explorer startup locations I've found it easiest just to make a shortcut and put it on a launch bar such as QuickLaunch or RocketDock.

I gave up on doing much with Start Menu customization.  I tried to make a custom icon for my program's folder group in the start menu, and succeeded, but it would only take effect after the user logged off, then back on.  Seeing the folder change probably would just make them think I introduced a bug into their system. I abandoned messing with that mess.  I use RocketDock with a bunch of folders to group my shortcuts and zero desktop icons.  Sorry, I rambled.  :)

edit: the other one to check out would be google Explorer Command Line for switches such as "select" to customize how it comes up.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 12:54 PM by MilesAhead »